Newb’s first indoor grow bubba cheesecake

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Starting my new grow diary to keep it a little more organized. Any advice is appreciated.always willing to learn.I still have to hang the exhaust and finish sealing up the room but I’ll post pics tomorrow before my final cleaning.
I’m starting with a seedsmans bubba cheesecake feminized photo seed. Just threw the seed in a glass of room temp water at 8 pm. Going to let it sit till tomorrow morning then put in moist paper towels.

Medium-65% ff hf soil /coco Pete perlite mix 35% maybe 70/30 3 ga. Fabric pot.

Water-well water 6.8
Room-4x3x5 closet lined with foil and plastic.

Exhaust- ac 4” venting outside

Lights-1 sf1000 pre dimmer and 1 110w led with dimmer. On timer

I have a small heater and a humidifier on a controller

Fans- 1 5” oscillating and 1 10” fixed

Nutes-Gaia green 4-4-4 for veg. And I have humboldts 0-7-5 for flower with a little ff 6-4-4 for some n. I have some epsom salt to use throughout the grow as well.

Gadgets- ph pen, ph/moisture soil meter, lux reader, scrog net, rack to elevate the pot.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Why are you feeding? Add some dolomite and mycos to the soil and forget feeding and pH'ing. Add a handful (1/2 cup) of dolomite lime to each 3 gal pot and mix well.
Your well water is high in pH but the lime will bring it down.
Keep fans aimed at the walls not the plants. They only need to move slightly to get the benefits of the fan.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Why are you feeding? Add some dolomite and mycos to the soil and forget feeding and pH'ing. Add a handful (1/2 cup) of dolomite lime to each 3 gal pot and mix well.
Your well water is high in pH but the lime will bring it down.
Keep fans aimed at the walls not the plants. They only need to move slightly to get the benefits of the fan.
I’m not feeding yet. Still trying to figure out which route to take. Those are nutes I had from my summer grow that turned out great. So I was thinking of doing the same thing. I really don’t want to spend anymore on this grow. But I’ll definitely look into the dolomite lime. Thanks for the advice. Do you only need to add that once?if so when do you add it? Into the soil before transplant?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You mix it in before you put plants in.
We mix ours before we start germing seeds. It needs about 2 weeks to fully absorb and come alive.

The way to do it is to mix 1/8 cup into a gallon and then slurry test to see if you need more or less.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

You mix it in before you put plants in.
We mix ours before we start germing seeds. It needs about 2 weeks to fully absorb and come alive.

The way to do it is to mix 1/8 cup into a gallon and then slurry test to see if you need more or less.
Thanks

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So I set up my exhaust, finished sealing off the room and cleaned the room. This morning I put the seed (I had in water over night) in a moist paper towel in a Tupperware and put it in the cabinet till it pops. Here’s some pics of my room.
EED4F6F4 4DFC 43AD BBB7 144DECC8B75A
792932C4 376D 498E 93F0 7C9E5BDD4040

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

As of now I’m at 63-66% rh and 82-83 degrees. I can’t lower temp anymore than that without dropping the humidity. Any tricks of the trade to help me lower temp a little? I kind of feel like I need more airflow but I have a 5” fan hooked up to a flex blowing in constantly. It has been warm the past few days so im sure once it cools off I’ll be fine. I’m just putting the sprout in soil tomorrow and want to make sure I have a plan if temps rise.
703D3417 423E 44CA 9AD9 26B5D987771B

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

As of now I’m at 63-66% rh and 82-83 degrees. I can’t lower temp anymore than that without dropping the humidity. Any tricks of the trade to help me lower temp a little? I kind of feel like I need more airflow but I have a 5” fan hooked up to a flex blowing in constantly. It has been warm the past few days so im sure once it cools off I’ll be fine. I’m just putting the sprout in soil tomorrow and want to make sure I have a plan if temps rise. View attachment 1296641
I forgot to add this is only running 1 light at 100% I’m worried it’s going to jump higher with both light on. I wasn’t having any control issues until I sealed it up and put in the exhaust. And it seams like the temp is slowly rising. I just checked it and it’s at 83.2

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

So I got the temp down to 78 and the rh is between 63-68%. Rinsed the coco mix and let it dry. This morning I mixed the soil and coco mix for my 9 oz solo cup. I Wet the cup and dropped sprouted seed in. Placed under my Amazon light at 10.25 dli. Will raise dli to 12 in a week or so. Now we wait. Lol thanks for checking it out.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

It looks like it’s reaching a lil so I dropped the light down 2” which brought me to 11.66 dli. That one bottom leaf is curling down and I don’t know why. This is my first grow from a seed so idk if it’s reaching or if growing at a normal rate. To me it seams like it’s growing super fast. I started germination 3 1/2 days ago and it’s already 2” tall.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

As soon as it lets me post my pics I’ll drop a cpl. It keeps saying a service error occurred.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Looking good! You should always fill your containers to just under the rim. It give the roots more room and provides more food for a longer time in the cup. It easier to transplant a larger root ball than a small one and they tend to do better.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Looking good! You should always fill your containers to just under the rim. It give the roots more room and provides more food for a longer time in the cup. It easier to transplant a larger root ball than a small one and they tend to do better.
Good to know. When do you think it will be strong enough to transplant? I was going to go straight to my 3ga pot a week or two into veg but now I’m thinking about doing a 1 ga pot first then transplant to a 3ga any thoughts?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Well, we don't start in cups. We germ them and go straight to the 3 gal fabric pot. Less stress on them and us.
You need to wait until you have a good root ball. About the time you get the first set of full leaves it should be ready.

This pix is @SSgrower pix. This is when they are ready to transplant.

Last edited:
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Day 4 of seedling looks to be doing good.
42DAD61B DBB1 4E67 86A0 6D1C142363BB
B74DED3B FEF9 43EC B2C5 5B283EC9F030

I lowered the light a lil brought my dli to 12.66 watered for the first time this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom