Newb Closet 2.0

• Thread starter freespirit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freespirit

freespirit

Looking good FS,and nice job on the Goliath clone.I grew some of them a couple years ago with great results.They were some huge fat plants although a late bloomer the maters were great.Wish I could have taken that Tropicoma male off your hands.Green Crack X Tropicoma,wonder what that would turn out like? ;) (Crackicoma?)
I still have a few beans, but no room for males right now. It probably would have been a beast, it had those fat nads develop very quickly. I may look into preserving in the future when I can get a decent head stash going. I would like to see a Tropic Alien though :P

freespirit

freespirit

Few close ups of the ladies.. They were due for a flush and I think I may have chilled the roots a little too much, starting to see some discoloration/contortion of the leaves, hopefully temporary! Had some small gnats in the room also so I sprayed a bit of insecticidal soap which burnt a few spots on the fan leaves :banghead:. I've been trying to go minimalist this go around but I don't want to underfeed either. I dosed up pretty heavy after the flush so we will see what happens. I threw my big CFL's in to generate a little more heat, light, and to help keep things dry. We are at about week 4 flower.
IMG 20140622 091331
IMG 20140622 091342
IMG 20140622 091404
IMG 20140622 091425
IMG 20140622 091438

DismalDude

DismalDude

Looking great freespirit.Nice and frosty!First grow I had with a "nute" line had me in trouble.I went directly by the makers chart and man oh man were they getting killed...
Finally got some help with the dosage and after a hardcore flush(7 gal. pots,flushed with almost 30 gallons each of water)they came back for a so-so finish.
Learned a hard lesson that grow,now I just have to make sure I'm giving them enough.Still working on it but feeling more comfortable. :)

burn4me

burn4me

truthfully its the hardest thing for me to grasp too. finding that thin line between over/under feed. i guess it just comes with time trial and error. looks like you doing a great job of getting the hang of it. peace out.

freespirit

freespirit

The problem is that most of these nutes on the market only have a few essential minerals for the plants, so you end up mixing all these different products which alters the pH so much that you need to correct it. I want to do more research on nutrients and fertilizers before I pop any more beans.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I recommend ACT's (aerated compost teas) to anyone looking to research a new nutrient regiment. Also , for minerals I use glacial rock dust. I can't even tell u how many trace minerals, elements and micronutrients that stuff has in it. I mix it into my medium along with diatomaceous earth for the bugs and my plants love it. Worth looking into.

Nice plants!

DismalDude

DismalDude

I would also consider looking into BPN,they have a fantastic line and it's worlds away as far as cost.Just my opinion. ;) I use the two part heavy yield system.They also have farmers pride organic line.Check em out before you pull the trigger.

burn4me

burn4me

I recommend ACT's (aerated compost teas) to anyone looking to research a new nutrient regiment. Also , for minerals I use glacial rock dust. I can't even tell u how many trace minerals, elements and micronutrients that stuff has in it. I mix it into my medium along with diatomaceous earth for the bugs and my plants love it. Worth looking into.

Nice plants!
would you mind sharing ratios of rock dust and DE to soil?
The problem is that most of these nutes on the market only have a few essential minerals for the plants, so you end up mixing all these different products which alters the pH so much that you need to correct it. I want to do more research on nutrients and fertilizers before I pop any more beans.
hydroponic research's VEG+BLOOM is a stand alone. done pretty well for me. only had issues with one strain which is a mag whore but done fine other wise. and i had never tried the +SIZE they have untill i was gifted some to try out. and damn if they didnt swell right up and dump frost. just a suggestion.

freespirit

freespirit

I have my height locked in, I'm just going to let those buds swell under the LED and CFLs. The closet is locked in at 80-82F with box fan blowing under the door for ventilation. No odor issues. I keep things clean.

freespirit

freespirit

Well guys this LED just isn't producing the mass I was looking for but I'm ending up with some very potent and tasty buds for a while. Gonna pop some beans soon and sanitize the closet. Peace

M

mulehunter

would you mind sharing ratios of rock dust and DE to soil?

hydroponic research's VEG+BLOOM is a stand alone. done pretty well for me. only had issues with one strain which is a mag whore but done fine other wise. and i had never tried the +SIZE they have untill i was gifted some to try out. and damn if they didnt swell right up and dump frost. just a suggestion.
are you still using hydroponic research nutrients

Latest posts

Top Bottom