Newb Here

• Thread starter Thewaterguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thewaterguy

Hello everyone,
Relatively new to the cannibis cultivation Community I currently just started work at a medical marijuana cultivation site where I am the water guy(hence the name)I recently have started making the mixes for our nutrients which I have to feed to our plants via a water wand but have been wondering about a drip system so I can actually work with the plants instead of spending 8 hours doing it by hand.

So we have 5/250 gallon tanks that are not ran together and a pump that I throw in as I go that is then ran to a grundos pump and PVC piped to each of our rooms.

Our set up is a little speratic I would say. I've broke them up into three different sections One room has 45 trays 18/21 plants per tray. Other rooms have 15 trays 18/21 plants per tray and finally the smaller rooms have 6 trays mostly 18 plants some trays are half so 9/12 plants

So on to my question (hopefully that was enough info for some kind of answers) what would be the best way to run irrigation or a drip system of some kind

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I prefer the hands on watering approach with my plants. I can visually see what's going in, and how much run-off is in the trays after. If your working for a company, id follow their watering style and not try to change it. They may not like change.

Blumat has a drip system. A few other diy systems are also being used my growers.

Dunge

Dunge

I like flag drippers if you are delivering filtered salts.
But you are looking at lots of manifold, and a ton of 1/8 inch hose, not to mention all the flags.
You have a job because it is not automated.

T

Thewaterguy

Thanks for the feedback guys I there's a lot of material that I would need I guess more of the question was how do I know each of my plants are getting the same amount of water and is it more efficient to water a little bit all day long or give them a good drink all at once everyother day

I am working for a company that is constantly changing the reason why I actually have this particular job is because the old master grower was tweaking and decided to mutilate their old water tank and rip the old drip system out of the room they had it partially installed in then they got a new grower and he hired me to water

We do have some leftover stuff like a bunch of 1/4in hose and some 8 way manifold looking things

Latest posts

Top Bottom