newb question about daisy chaining lights

• Thread starter Tonkatoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy

We have 2 of the 1000w Philizon PL-1000 LED lights,I am sure I read that these can both be daisy chained,so I can dim and the next one dims the same,also read that you only need to plug one of the lights into a power socket and it will power the 2nd light,I tried it and the other light didnt come on when its unplugged only the one plugged in.
Can this be done ?Or did I mis-read something ?Get my cuttings in just under 2 weeks,Moon Glow,fingers crossed.
Thanks folks.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yes you can daisy chain most lights. I do not know the exact specs for those lights you mentioned, but I highly recommend, always follow the manufacturer's recommendations. It should state in the owner/user manual how many or how much power can be used in daisy-chain.

I have a bunch of different LED's that have daisy chain capabilities and for most of them they recommend only connecting 1 light to a daisy-chain. Some say they can handle more, but it really all depends on how it was made.

So, for instance it would most likely be safe to plug one into your wall, and plug 1 into the light plugged into the wall, but probably no more than that.

If yours is not working, then it probably can't handle it or might be defective in that manner.

Either way, as I said, I would highly recommend following manufacturer's recommendations. Usually a quick online search will yield results for user/owner manuals for your lights.

Edit to add - And I'm pretty sure they do not dim together. I've never seen a daisy chain setup that if you dim 1 it dims the others, but there may be some out there like that.

Good luck!
🤠

Tonkatoy

Tonkatoy

Thanks for the reply,in the manual theres no mention of being able to power one from the other when its daisy chained.I suspect I can't.I emailed support and will see what they have to say.

Top Bottom