Newb

• Thread starter PooToe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PooToe

PooToe

New to the forum but not new to growing.

Hope I can help along with finding help when needed.

cpurola

cpurola

Yes, welcome!
So, are you an indoor grower, outdoor, or both?
And if outdoor, general area where you grow.
I'm lucky to be in a legal state, and we can grow up to 12 plants outdoors in Southeast Michigan.
It's been a struggle sometimes (weather, pests, disease) but I can harvest enough from my outdoor garden so I don't need to grow indoor.

PooToe

PooToe

Yes, welcome!
So, are you an indoor grower, outdoor, or both?
And if outdoor, general area where you grow.
I'm lucky to be in a legal state, and we can grow up to 12 plants outdoors in Southeast Michigan.
It's been a struggle sometimes (weather, pests, disease) but I can harvest enough from my outdoor garden so I don't need to grow indoor.
Indoor. Gave up on outdoor. Too many variables outside of my control.

PooToe

PooToe

That is a fact! But I am in love with growing trees and my house is too small. ☺️
Growing trees is fun. I used to crop tech up in Northern California helping out farms with their crops. That was many moons ago.

I agree that outdoors you'll definitely be able to harvest higher volume but I feel indoors tends to put out better quality due to being able to control all factors. If I was going to do it for commercial growing then I would invest in a greenhouse with light deprivation equipment for year round growing.

C'mon now! You can't fit a 2 x 2 tent in your place? 😉 😁

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sure she could! But she’s married, and still working on the weed she grew four years ago! Hi Cpurrr!😄

cpurola

cpurola

Sure she could! But she’s married, and still working on the weed she grew four years ago! Hi Cpurrr!😄
Hey there Oldchucky! ☺️ Yep still married and making cookies with the dry sift hash. Still don't like the taste. Yuk!
So my indoor experimental plants are still surviving, I couldn't cull them after figuring out male/female preflowers.
The experiment has morphed into a survival at temperatures too low for them. (25-50F) Versus the heated and lit room.
I left 3 plants under daughter's lights and put 4 on the unheated porch. (1 turned male and got put outside in the snow)(awwww)
The poor things look terrible, all of them. But they are survivors and are currently blooming!

First 2 pics are the porch dwellers and the last one the plants living in the bedroom with lights and heat.
Just stringing them along until I can germinate my future outdoor plants.
So anxious to start!

Unheated porch

Cold top

Indoor under lights

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well, you’re giving it the good old college try! Progress, not perfection! I’m getting a little antsy also! We are getting there! Hang in there, sister!👍

Top Bottom