Newbie custom fridge grow box

• Thread starter Fridgegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

Morning guys just little update, started a bit of lst yesterday, still nice and bendy so wasn't too difficult, growing well since topped 😎

Just started lst
IMG 20200529 202056

IMG 20200529 191250

This morning
IMG 20200531 075424

IMG 20200531 075448

Last edited:
Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

Feeling a little deflated at the minute as she doesn't seem to have grown in the last 5ish days, the only change I've noticed are the amount of new pistils at the budsites, and the bulging around the nodes since I topped it. Is it normal for things to slow a bit at this stage? (day 29 today) I was expecting it to start stretching a bit by now.

Don't get me wrong she looks very healthy and starting to smell great, maybe its busy getting ready to grow some killa buds? Or building some more roots or somthing?

We've had some strange weather lately, it went from 12°c outside to 25°c for a few weeks and now it's back to about 12°c again so maybe the difference in outside temps has stunted it slightly? I've done my best to maintain a good environment but with such drastic changes in the weather its quite difficult. I've even had to put the tube heater on today just to keep it around 19°c in there whilst the lights are off.

But any advice or reassurance is welcome at this time lol. Here's a couple of pics from this morning.

IMG 20200603 193956

IMG 20200603 200127

Cheers guys

Last edited:
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Feeling a little deflated at the minute as she doesn't seem to have grown in the last 5ish days, the only change I've noticed are the amount of new pistils at the budsites, and the bulging around the nodes since I topped it. Is it normal for things to slow a bit at this stage? (day 29 today) I was expecting it to start stretching a bit by now.

Don't get me wrong she looks very healthy and starting to smell great, maybe its busy getting ready to grow some killa buds? Or building some more roots or somthing?

We've had some strange weather lately, it went from 12°c outside to 25°c for a few weeks and now it's back to about 12°c again so maybe the difference in outside temps has stunted it slightly? I've done my best to maintain a good environment but with such drastic changes in the weather its quite difficult. I've even had to put the tube heater on today just to keep it around 19°c in there whilst the lights are off.

But any advice or reassurance is welcome at this time lol. Here's a couple of pics from this morning.

View attachment 981603
View attachment 981604

Cheers guys
I've learned they do NOT grow as fast as you want or think they should lol. Temp differential might have something to do with it but she will on a blink of an eye transform for you and slow down again. It's a rollercoaster ride....at least thats been my experience...first timer here lol

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

I've learned they do NOT grow as fast as you want or think they should lol. Temp differential might have something to do with it but she will on a blink of an eye transform for you and slow down again. It's a rollercoaster ride....at least thats been my experience...first timer here lol

This is my first ever grow too and I so want to do a good job haha.
I think it's just threw me a bit because it's been growing so quickly upto this point and then it just seems to have stopped lol, since it's gone a bit cooler I've managed to keep lights off temps at 19°c and lights on its around 25°c ish. I'm sure it will be fine, I just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences. It's like having another child lol

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

No that you have started the flowering process. the plant is beginning to change its systems to produce the buds. You will not see the same growth in bloom. Had you left it to veg a little longer you would had developed more branching nodes etc.
its all about timing, I generally will veg for upwards of 14 or 15 weeks. That way your plant is starting from a much bigger place to bloom out.

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

No that you have started the flowering process. the plant is beginning to change its systems to produce the buds. You will not see the same growth in bloom. Had you left it to veg a little longer you would had developed more branching nodes etc.
its all about timing, I generally will veg for upwards of 14 or 15 weeks. That way your plant is starting from a much bigger place to bloom out.

Ah I see, well this is a autoflower so have no control unfortunately. I was just after a bit of reassurance that I'm still doing the right things, and to see if a bit of slow growth at this stage is normal. cheers guys feel a bit better now.

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

Little update, day 34 today since it sprouted, and I'm happy to report growth has resumed ;) water intake has increased quite a bit, just watered it and took 3L still didn't get much run off just a wet bottom when I picked her back up. Raised the light a few inches and I cut a few leaves off round the bottom that were not getting any light.
Smells very fruity at the minute, so excited for that first smoke.
Thanks for looking.

IMG 20200609 190555

IMG 20200609 191032

IMG 20200609 192434

IMG 20200609 190607

Last edited:
Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

Just a quick question guys, I'm really struggling with high humidity at the minute, the humidity outside has been over 80% everyday this week so far, and when the lights are off its 70% plus in there.

So will I do any damage to the plant if I switch from 18/6 to 24/0 at this stage?

I can keep the humidity around 40% with the lights on. I know a dehumidifier will fix the problem but I'm getting a bit fed up of spending money at the minute lol.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I’m not sure. I dont grow auto flower plants. But logically in my experience if you increase light time you run a very high risk of resetting the plant And bumping back into veg state.
Im fighting the high humidity issue too, problem with the time of year. I hear you on spending money, just put in a floor to my grow tent, it adds up. Start with a $10 Desk fan or something, get that air moving.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I’m not sure. I dont grow auto flower plants. But logically in my experience if you increase light time you run a very high risk of resetting the plant And bumping back into veg state.
Im fighting the high humidity issue too, problem with the time of year. I hear you on spending money, just put in a floor to my grow tent, it adds up. Start with a $10 Desk fan or something, get that air moving.
I was wondering if it WOULD be better to grow autos 24 hrs all the way through. I mean you dont need dark changes to trigger flower. I really haven't researched autos because I have no interest in them. Maybe some day. I like to play God lol now flower, bitch! hahaha I know, that's sexist.

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

I know what you mean, it all adds up, I've got a desk fan in there at the min, as you say it's the time of year, but at this stage of flowering I hear 70% humidity is very bad, I think I might try it.

Fridgegrow

Fridgegrow

I was wondering if it WOULD be better to grow autos 24 hrs all the way through. I mean you dont need dark changes to trigger flower. I really haven't researched autos because I have no interest in them. Maybe some day. I like to play God lol now flower, bitch! hahaha I know, that's sexist.

Haha I know you can grow them 24/0 but wasn't sure about changing the light cycle at this stage of the grow, but I don't think I have any other option at this point, cant risk any mould :(

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

A cheap temporary fix could be a baking pan or something larger surface area covered in a thick layer of baking soda, or some kind of breathable cloth bag full. Will help pull humidity from the air some.. I wouldnt expect miracles but it could at the very least help keep it within tolerable levels until you figure something better out or do get the money for AC/dehumidifier 🤷
Air movement is important in high humidity. I had this issue also for a while and using a big box fan on high gave enough movement to keep the humidity from building up on leaves until i got the AC running in the room

Top Bottom