Newbie feed chart math question

• Thread starter Puckhound
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Puckhound

Puckhound

Happy New Year everyone!

I am a first time grower using the Green Planet feed program below. Aside from these nutrients, I am supplementing with a consistent dose of Cal-Mag, and that's it. As a newbie I have followed the feed chart closely through the veg stage and was able to roughly achieve the recommended EC with the dosages outlined on the chart.

However I'm now starting flower and don't understand the math from the chart below. Here's what it says:

Week 3 Veg: Total of 8ml nutes with recommended EC of 1.2
Week 1 Flower: Total of 6ml nutes (fewer than previous stage) with recommended EC of 1.6

My question is, with all things being equal, how does one achieve higher EC with less nutrients?

P.S. I contacted Green Planet but it's holiday season so haven't heard back yet.

TIA... Puckhound

Unnamed

Puckhound

Puckhound

I’m pretty sure 6ml is a typo. I’d go with 1.6 ec increasing the dual fuel 1 and 2
Thanks for the reply. Green Planet has not responded to my inquiries so I cannot confirm or deny that's it's a typo on their feed chart. However I am doing almost what you suggest and mixing the nutrients based on the proportions indicated on the chart, not the actual quantities on the chart.

In any case, this is very disconcerting to a new grower like myself who assumed the quantities of nutrients on the chart would result in the EC specified on that same chart.

Question though... why increase just the base nutrients and not the additives in equal measure?

Thanks...PH

Puckhound

Puckhound

Use less water to cut it down with I reckon mate?
Thank you, I'm now using a similar approach -- over-estimating the quantity of each nutrient (while maintaining the listed proportions), then watering the whole batch down to the desired EC.

My original point was that the chart clearly says "Amounts per Litre", not proportions per unit.

Thanks...PH

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

The vita thrive is a root boosting and vitamin supplement. I didn’t include it because Im not a fan of a bunch of additives and I don’t think your plant reallly needs it. It won’t hurt to include it but everything your plant needs should be in your base nutrients.

Top Bottom