Newbie Grow Journal

• Thread starter Mari420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mari420

Mari420

yup needs more light for more thicker buds
Yes, you are very right. My lighting is nothing and getting more would help a lot. However space with that is an issue. I'm using 160w which is only 10w above the minimal amount needed to grow successfully haha.

Mari420

Mari420

Hey guys, so I got a question. I have some friends that tell me to cut some of the leaves off to help give all the nutes to the buds, but then my other friends are telling me it will totally mess the plant up. I'm so close to finishing my first successful grow, and I want it to stay successful. So are the fan leaves important to leave on or can I cut some of them off?

And just a little update on the beauty

IMG 5324

IMG 5335

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

The leafs are the solar panels the plant needs to get the energy to move the nutrients around inside it. I would absolutely not touch a thing, she looks fantastic for a CFL girl, you are doing great!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The leafs are the solar panels the plant needs to get the energy to move the nutrients around inside it. I would absolutely not touch a thing, she looks fantastic for a CFL girl, you are doing great!
I agree with Paul... Let it run its course... It's not as tho you got it all scrogged out, and u our lollipopping. .. There may be a time when that would be all right advice.. In your situation, imo, it is not something you should do...

Mari420

Mari420

Accidentally snapped the biggest branch while trying to fix it up some :O little worried since she's only half way done. The buds are pretty tiny too :(
IMG 5399

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Should of just taped it back on... These are tough Lil hombreas. ... I snapped my middle stalk right where I mainlined, taped it and she is all scrogged out as we speak...

Mari420

Mari420

Sorry for no new updates. I got Into a bad car accident and just got out of the hospital yesterday... Plant is gone, my dad found out. So close too Only had a few more weeks.

Farmingherbs

Farmingherbs

On your next run try starting your LST training earlier in veg. Usually around the 4/5th set of true leaves.

Youve done nothing wrong it just helps to bend and shape the plant in the earlier stages and continue as she spreads out. Dont get discouraged, your doing the right thing askin for help. Folks here sometimes forget they weren't always Master Growers when they 1st started.

FF OF is usually good with no added nutes for about the 1st 3 to 4 weeks. I generally when I used FFOF started ferts around 30 days.

Another suggestion that ties in to me suggesting you start LST sooner is it will keep your plant lower and wider as opposed to stretching as with your limited resources/lighting intensity starting earlier and having a more squat gal will allow you to keep the cfl's closer to the canopy.

Anytime you get stuck reach out and remember the only dumb question is the one you dont ask. I will assist you in anyway I can without cracks about your paint job or tucking her in. I dont tuck em in but I do rub my galz stems every night before bedtime LOL

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys, so I got a question. I have some friends that tell me to cut some of the leaves off to help give all the nutes to the buds, but then my other friends are telling me it will totally mess the plant up. I'm so close to finishing my first successful grow, and I want it to stay successful. So are the fan leaves important to leave on or can I cut some of them off?

And just a little update on the beauty

View attachment 638478
View attachment 638479
Nice looking plant. :) Concerning your pruning question you can defoliate but typically you want to get that all done prior to flowering. Excessive pruning during flower can stress the plant. Stressed females in flower can cause other issues.

There are a few schools of thought on defoliation. One is it lets more light to the lower bud sites, another is dont prune as the fan leaves are solar panels and process food for the plant. Your plant during flower is very hungry and in my opinion why would you take food away when the plant needs it most? You can train and prune but get it done before you flower.

mrskush

mrskush

Your pictures are giving me hope!! I have a similar CFL set up with a little more wattage now and seeing that it can work is rad. I'm so sorry about your plant!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom