Newbie Grower with some questions :)

• Thread starter MapleSugar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MapleSugar

MapleSugar

Hey guys,

So my husband and I have come to a conclusion that we smoke a LOT of pot for 2 ppl, and so we are looking into growing our own instead :D

For now, I am just “window shopping” and taking notes.. I happen to be watching a video on YT when the influencer mentioned “spider mites” and other little bugs..
-shudders-

Do any of you have any “bug / pest repellents” recommendation for indoor grown? I saw some people using some kind of yellow sticky tape around their pots, should I look into just using that bug tape everywhere?

**keep in mind we haven’t bought any tools or equipment yet** (but we do plan on buying one of those fancy indoor grow tents that could comfortably fit 3 maybe 4 plants).

Thanks for the read, and thanks for the suggestions/info 🤘♥️

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Welcome to the farm! Those yellow sticky things are for fungus gnats. Everyone gets them at some point or another because they hatch from larva in soil. They're fairly easy to get rid of tho. Spider mites on the other hand, are a totoly different animal. Theres stuff out there that will kill them, but they are a bitch.. They are evil, they are... the borg!!

MapleSugar

MapleSugar

Welcome to the farm! Those yellow sticky things are for fungus gnats. Everyone gets them at some point or another because they hatch from larva in soil. They're fairly easy to get rid of tho. Spider mites on the other hand, are a totoly different animal. Theres stuff out there that will kill them, but they are a bitch.. They are evil, they are... the borg!!
Ew.

Damn those alien super saiyans on steroids from hell.

MapleSugar

MapleSugar

So?

How should I go about fending mah babies from “general” animals? Do I use sprays? Like - you are talking to total newb lol. I came with feather n parchment at the ready good sir!

Do you have a day to day routine of some sort?

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Ew.

Damn those alien super saiyans on steroids from hell.
That pretty much sums em up.. I got em last year from some mail order clones (buyer beware) ended up throwing everything out, mothers, flowering plants, veg plants, clones, everything.. Cleaned house and started from scratch.. sons a bitches.. 👹

MapleSugar

MapleSugar

That pretty much sums em up.. I got em last year from some mail order clones (buyer beware) ended up throwing everything out, mothers, flowering plants, veg plants, clones, everything.. Cleaned house and started from scratch.. sons a bitches.. 👹
Well that sucks.

Is there a way to see / notice them before? Or are they naked to the eye until too late sort of thing?

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

So?

How should I go about fending mah babies from “general” animals? Do I use sprays? Like - you are talking to total newb lol. I came with feather n parchment at the ready good sir!

Do you have a day to day routine of some sort?
Not really a day to day per say, but once a week I toss a little plant armor and superthrive in with my feed. Never had mold, powdery mildew or the like. Heres a few things I use as a preventative

PXL 20240501 193558155

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Well that sucks.

Is there a way to see / notice them before? Or are they naked to the eye until too late sort of thing?
They're pretty microscopic, you'll notice spots/leaf damage, and if they've already got a foothold you'll see some webbing

Top Bottom