Newbie growing in soil-mix needs advice on nute frequency and ammounts

• Thread starter robsamui
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
robsamui

robsamui

Some help please. The online info re nutes is varied, as the feed for coir-mix, soil and hydro is obviously all different – I’m not sure which applies to me – this is only my 2nd grow.

I’m growing 6 autos in a tent in quite a rich soil mix – 5 gallon pots of soil mix (POTTING COMPOST+ WORM CAST + COIR + PERLITE+GUANO + BONEMEAL plus traces of DOLOMITE/EPSON SALTS/AZOMITE).

They are now just coming to veg (3 weeks) and are relatively still small. They do not need watering every day. So far the only additions have been (today) I added ¼ strength CALMAG and humic (amino) liquid.

I will be using Advanced Nutrients Micro Bloom at 3N – 0P – 4K – but their dosage is based on a hydro system.

So my questions are: -
(bearing in mind that I'm growing autos in soil)
  • 1. if I’m watering twice a week with the nutes in with the water, what % of the recommended dosage should I give?
  • 2. later, in full veg mode, if I’m watering every day, how frequently should I add nutes to the water?
  • 3. later, in full veg mode, if I’m watering every day, what % of the recommended dosage should I give?
I hope that makes sense – TIA for your comments.

Trixie

Trixie

I would start with 1/2 the manufacturer's recommendations. You'll have to read your plants and soil to know the best time to water. Water management is essential and should not be taken lightly. Each garden is different and will have different needs. If you match the pot size with the plant size, water management will be easier. Good Gardening

robsamui

robsamui

I would start with 1/2 the manufacturer's recommendations. You'll have to read your plants and soil to know the best time to water. Water management is essential and should not be taken lightly. Each garden is different and will have different needs. If you match the pot size with the plant size, water management will be easier. Good Gardening
Later, in full veg mode with a ton of leaves all pulling water from the soil,, if I’m watering every day, how frequently should I add nutes to the water?

robsamui

robsamui

Trixie said:

So - 1/2 the manufacturer's recommendations is just a wild guess, then??

Latest posts

Top Bottom