Newbie Growing Pains

• Thread starter Fatty LIVES
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

Hi all. Spankin' new to farmer and farming. This is my first yr I'll be going through cycles from start to finish. I've veg'd plants in the past but thats about it.

Systems I have:
Top Drip to a flood table
Outdoor Coco Coir in 5 gallon Smart Pots

I've encountered some problems and made sure to clip clones before I sent these into flower because I thought I'd get some males. Well come to find out, I have all females. Then, things got hectic. My #1 & #2 biggest problems through my hydro grow were never flushing enough and being a wuss with H2O2. I had planned on being able to take out some males and when they all went female I got too crowded in my tent and yada yada, I'm down to 3 of the 8 plants I started with because of pythium and pruning in flower. my res went too hot, I had too high a nutrients, dirty as heck everywhere and man... I feel like an idiot but all n all... 1000000% I've learned A LOT through the hard way and I'm positive it'll carry and this next round is going to be great.

I LEARNED! After losing 5 and I think another is about to turn... 2 of them are now developing buds again, MY PPM ACTUALLY DROPPED FROM YESTERDAY O_O O_O. Ph is perfect, they're drinking... OHH, I switched to Hydroguard too btw. Biggest change to the system since I was running H2O2. I should have followed suit and listened to the well known farmers that "H2O2 SHOULD ONLY BE USED TO FIX ISSUES". Cleaning n stuff. I'm so happy to have beneficial bacterial, not a sterile environment, and seeing the girls responding so positive.

Don't get mad, get smart :). On the real tho.. Thank you SOOOO much to all the people on this site that have put their time into making suggestions, giving advice and being cool cats. I dig this community.

God Bless Ya'll. Happy Farming.

Newbie growing pains
Newbie growing pains 2
Newbie growing pains 3
Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

I'll have an update so you can see how much I've lost in the tent. It breaks my heart juuuuuust a bit to look at that pic. ARGH!

aceboogie

aceboogie

Hi all. Spankin' new to farmer and farming. This is my first yr I'll be going through cycles from start to finish. I've veg'd plants in the past but thats about it.

Systems I have:
Top Drip to a flood table
Outdoor Coco Coir in 5 gallon Smart Pots

I've encountered some problems and made sure to clip clones before I sent these into flower because I thought I'd get some males. Well come to find out, I have all females. Then, things got hectic. My #1 & #2 biggest problems through my hydro grow were never flushing enough and being a wuss with H2O2. I had planned on being able to take out some males and when they all went female I got too crowded in my tent and yada yada, I'm down to 3 of the 8 plants I started with because of pythium and pruning in flower. my res went too hot, I had too high a nutrients, dirty as heck everywhere and man... I feel like an idiot but all n all... 1000000% I've learned A LOT through the hard way and I'm positive it'll carry and this next round is going to be great.

I LEARNED! After losing 5 and I think another is about to turn... 2 of them are now developing buds again, MY PPM ACTUALLY DROPPED FROM YESTERDAY O_O O_O. Ph is perfect, they're drinking... OHH, I switched to Hydroguard too btw. Biggest change to the system since I was running H2O2. I should have followed suit and listened to the well known farmers that "H2O2 SHOULD ONLY BE USED TO FIX ISSUES". Cleaning n stuff. I'm so happy to have beneficial bacterial, not a sterile environment, and seeing the girls responding so positive.

Don't get mad, get smart :). On the real tho.. Thank you SOOOO much to all the people on this site that have put their time into making suggestions, giving advice and being cool cats. I dig this community.

God Bless Ya'll. Happy Farming.
your still lookin good sucks for the freakin loss but i.know youwill bounce bsck stronger than.before

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

your still lookin good sucks for the freakin loss but i.know youwill bounce bsck stronger than.before

thanks man. welp.. here's what's left :/.. they're looking pretty good tho. I know the one in back made it through the storm. hoping these other 2 hold out but Im leaning towards the one in front to turn... has remained pretty neutral. We see. Hoping for the best :)

20160618 213731
20160618 213742
20160618 213756
20160618 213807
Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

update:

Plants are doing great! I don't think I flushed the H2O2 enough with fresh water. I was still seeing Pythium. Went into the Botanicare website and confirmed what @Midwestjay was saying that you cannot add too much. SO I went in and gave them about 2 times the called for amount....

CHUNKS of Root Rot coming out. Roots are already getting whiter after about an hour and man O man.. I am a happy camper :). Now to tune in the Nutes so I can get the res run dry before Adding.... make my life easier to keep this system clean.

Through all the screw ups, I'm learning to chill out and focus on the basics. Roots #1, System Clean, minimal nutes and some carbs... Plants are happy, my pocket is happy... Life is good. I can now laugh at the dumb stump moves I've made and move on.

NEXT STOP - AUTOFLOWER. I wanna do one. @Midwestjay, would you be open to a seed trade? I have some feminized Purple Voodoo. @aceboogie, @Moto, @Grow4me, @GreenHouser, @Blackkush you want some of these seeds too, lemme know. Not looking to sell. Would love to TRADE some strains!!

INFO ON THE STRAIN:
http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/purple-voodoo/

MeJuana

MeJuana

I grew hydro for years and I just got tired of dealing with this sort of things. Also now that I am organic soil water only I don't even touch my plants for weeks, the taste is amazing and my yields are within 10% of LPA. I think you should consider making a switch and using your pump to automate watering. ;)

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Man you stick with me and wish and you'll have no issues what so ever. You'll have this shit down like I do after a couple cycles. I recommend anything dinafem for autos. They are med to large and easy to grow. As far as extra seeds I really don't. I have 2 autos seeds left and they are getting popped soon. DNA genetics are good. Also advanced seeds has some. I like their biodiesel mass.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

update:

Plants are doing great! I don't think I flushed the H2O2 enough with fresh water. I was still seeing Pythium. Went into the Botanicare website and confirmed what @Midwestjay was saying that you cannot add too much. SO I went in and gave them about 2 times the called for amount....

CHUNKS of Root Rot coming out. Roots are already getting whiter after about an hour and man O man.. I am a happy camper :). Now to tune in the Nutes so I can get the res run dry before Adding.... make my life easier to keep this system clean.

Through all the screw ups, I'm learning to chill out and focus on the basics. Roots #1, System Clean, minimal nutes and some carbs... Plants are happy, my pocket is happy... Life is good. I can now laugh at the dumb stump moves I've made and move on.

NEXT STOP - AUTOFLOWER. I wanna do one. @Midwestjay, would you be open to a seed trade? I have some feminized Purple Voodoo. @aceboogie, @Moto, @Grow4me, @GreenHouser, @Blackkush you want some of these seeds too, lemme know. Not looking to sell. Would love to TRADE some strains!!

INFO ON THE STRAIN:
I don't have any autoflower, I get one whack at it outside an I let's em grow!!

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I grew hydro for years and I just got tired of dealing with this sort of things. Also now that I am organic soil water only I don't even touch my plants for weeks, the taste is amazing and my yields are within 10% of LPA. I think you should consider making a switch and using your pump to automate watering. ;)
Glad u made the switch.

aceboogie

aceboogie

update:

INFO ON THE STRAIN:
what i miss lol i need pearl white roots lol still aiming for it once they start getting white i f***them up again smh never learn but hopfully i will tune it inlike you lol but im down to trade seeds bud all i have at the momen is gsc and lik 4 jet fuel og seeds dunno if you know what jet fuel og is but psssshhh.......FIRE

Smooth

Smooth

Hey guys really new at this and have a very primeative setup need as much help as i can get My Clone is dying after transplant can anyone help with any revival tips before it completely dies on me when I transplanted I used super thrive and some plant food and miracle grow soils over and under watering one and in a few hours it started going down hill fast help please

20160619 144432 resized
Resized 20160615 181822
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Hey guys really new at this and have a very primeative setup need as much help as i can get My Clone is dying after transplant can anyone help with any revival tips before it completely dies on me when I transplanted I used super thrive and some plant food and miracle grow soils over and under watering one and in a few hours it started going down hill fast help please
Best bet is to start your own thread in and describe everything you've done.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

what i miss lol i need pearl white roots lol still aiming for it once they start getting white i f***them up again smh never learn but hopfully i will tune it inlike you lol but im down to trade seeds bud all i have at the momen is gsc and lik 4 jet fuel og seeds dunno if you know what jet fuel og is but psssshhh.......FIRE
You'll get it figured out. Don't forget some nutes stain roots so they will never be pure white.

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

woah! the looove the loooove :). Things still going good party people. Today the buds seem to be building very well. They're gettimg a little vertical too. Wish the vertical would STOP already! 8" when i flipped... 45" right now, hahaha i didn't see this coming. I have my LED slammed to the roof, the hps is well any further and I'll be burning tent.. the PH IS STILL the same, Water is so clean, so fresh :). I know the bud development isn't the best as it should be but the relief and joy to see them growing again is great. My girls are happy... Goooooo HG Colony GOOOO!

20160620 211838
20160620 211910
20160621 002711
20160621 002736
20160621 002750
Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

these are some tough chiks to have made it through the stuff they did, lol. I am NOT an easy person to live with, hahahaha...
@aceboogie - Lets do it man :). I'm in California. private message me and we'll work it out. wish you were local and I'd donate a clone to you
@Midwestjay - Ima get some seeds and bug the living day lights out of you for advice, lol. this is the strain I'm drooling over. When funds are right, I pray to have some poppin'

http://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-medgom-auto/

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

woah! the looove the loooove :). Things still going good party people. Today the buds seem to be building very well. They're gettimg a little vertical too. Wish the vertical would STOP already! 8" when i flipped... 45" right now, hahaha i didn't see this coming. I have my LED slammed to the roof, the hps is well any further and I'll be burning tent.. the PH IS STILL the same, Water is so clean, so fresh :). I know the bud development isn't the best as it should be but the relief and joy to see them growing again is great. My girls are happy... Goooooo HG Colony GOOOO!
Time to supercrop and train. Better to slow growth on the tallest tops than have them burn up or mold

Top Bottom