Newbie here. Need opinions on lighting brand

• Thread starter BlackRuss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackRuss

BlackRuss

So ive decided to take the leap from HID to LEDs and have been looking everywhere. I saw some comments on Facebook groups about this brand called ILUMINAR. They have a lot of options and they have spec sheets for every light and seem very good for acceptable prices on amazon. My question is... If they're legit, how come ive never seen them on other forums or heard of them outside of facebook. Any info you guys have would be helpful for me to decide if I buy from them. Thanks IA

BigCube

BigCube

So ive decided to take the leap from HID to LEDs and have been looking everywhere. I saw some comments on Facebook groups about this brand called ILUMINAR. They have a lot of options and they have spec sheets for every light and seem very good for acceptable prices on amazon. My question is... If they're legit, how come ive never seen them on other forums or heard of them outside of facebook. Any info you guys have would be helpful for me to decide if I buy from them. Thanks IA

Kingbrite quantum bar fixtures runnin Samsung lm301 3000k chips along side 660nm and 730nm with mean well drivers.

Or whatever variant of fixture you want from them. Solid choice, known good quality and budget pricing.

Cypress66

Cypress66

Never heard of them but they might be a great light i can recommend migro to you been using the aray 240w since November finished one off and just finished a whole cycle and it gives great results depends on your budget i was looking at spider plant photonics voost looks like a good product i was using the mars hydro ts 600 x2 in a 2x4 they seemed to be doing a good job but they weren’t in their very long cos i got the migro reasonably priced for what it does i think uses Samsung and Osram but they have released a new pro version which you can opt for using i think it is Seoul i had the choice of lumi or Samsung white or Samsung white and Osram red for a bit more money i went for the red one all the above mentioned above have the Samsung chips apart from the mars and the plant photonics they use only Osram i believe mars use epistaxis oh and voost use the lmh not the LM301B which I think stands for horticulture if they are better than the LM301B i can’t say haven’t used them they claim to be the same as a 600w hps that’s very good for 240w led i would put the migro being the equivalent to 400 maybe a bit more long time since I’ve used hps i might even get it out again and do a comparison grow to see hope that I’ve been some help with the suggested lights a lot of them have a policy where you have 30 days or so to try and not happy with it send it back not long enough for a grow but you can get a good idea after a month i think anyway good luck with your shopping and choose wisely no rush peace ✌️
D2FAA9D3 5A74 4DF3 B028 CD3F6EF32AE8
That’s my Kush nearly done one of 2 plants using the migro

euphoria526

euphoria526

ill be the odd man out.
ChilLEd's grow craft series are awesome. mine are amazing and modular to fit budgets.
they sell both DIY kits and fixtures ready to plug and play with detailed intrusions on how to put together. US made and distributed, 3 year warranty, and as far as I know they are VERY transparent with everything they do.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i went with ViparSpectra, from the site. free shipping, no tax and used a code and got discount. uses the samsung/meanwell stuff. so far so good. if i had it to do again, i would buy 4 of the xs1500 instead of 1 xs2000 and 2 xs1500 that i have. i got the xs2000 first, then added the other 2. i like being able to adjust the height with each.

Madmax

Madmax

Lumatek zeus pro..cant really say how good it is yet but im loving it atm and so are the gals..
20210402 151713

KingTubby

KingTubby

i went with ViparSpectra, from the site. free shipping, no tax and used a code and got discount. uses the samsung/meanwell stuff. so far so good. if i had it to do again, i would buy 4 of the xs1500 instead of 1 xs2000 and 2 xs1500 that i have. i got the xs2000 first, then added the other 2. i like being able to adjust the height with each.
I like the new xs series from them better than Mars or SF stuff myself.

Hands On

Hands On

OR

BigCube

BigCube

OR

I would go with kingbrite. I'm sure they are both good. But I can speak from experience as to the quality of kingbrite.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Go to their website. Go to support. There’s an email link and the question asking if you want to cooperate. You have to send them pictures of your grow. They let you choose any light and then you promote their products. They approached several of us on another forum. Two of us told them buzz off. But within days guys started posting what great lights they were and how it was so easy to order from the webpage they were headed back to do it again.

I offered to do a side by side but that’s not what they want. Good luck. Choose the most expensive one when they tell you choose one.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
lol, my first grow, so they wouldnt be giving me a thing. i already bought the lights, and i got them because they were a great price, they had the diodes everyone says are good and the driver that everyone says is good and the no tax thing sealed the deal (and the discounts i found). the good thing, they were here in a couple days and that decision was made and behind me. so far i dont regret it! they work as claimed, they are easy to move around and they are made well. same diodes and driver and much less money... sold!

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Little known brand.
but the viperspectra panels are ballin.
real talk, they have a bleaching fault, gotta keep your CaMg mix enriched.

Top Bottom