Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tyrant

Hey all just joined thanks for having me. Just started my first grow. I actually kinda jumped the gun haha. I ordered new 1000 wat led to run in my small grow tent. However wont be here for a couple weeks so I actually started my plants yesterday. Just not in the tent yet. I planted fat bastard autos under a florescent till my lights show. I'll set up the tent and move in there in about 2 weeks wondering if yall think that's ok or will I stress these autos to much or not have a good start to growth as I know autos move quick. Let me know what you think. Also I watered yesterday when planted. Should I not water now again till after they sprout. The meduim still appears wet in the middle of the 5 gallon fabric planters. Let me know what you all think about this...

Newbie here ready to roll
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

🐼 Fu
Supporter
Hey all just joined thanks for having me. Just started my first grow. I actually kinda jumped the gun haha. I ordered new 1000 wat led to run in my small grow tent. However wont be here for a couple weeks so I actually started my plants yesterday. Just not in the tent yet. I planted fat bastard autos under a florescent till my lights show. I'll set up the tent and move in there in about 2 weeks wondering if yall think that's ok or will I stress these autos to much or not have a good start to growth as I know autos move quick. Let me know what you think. Also I watered yesterday when planted. Should I not water now again till after they sprout. The meduim still appears wet in the middle of the 5 gallon fabric planters. Let me know what you all think about this...
I would avoid autos if your new, but it's too late now lol so I would really focus on temp, humidity and watering. If you get those right that's good progress for a first grow and youl produce good flower. Each grow add something down the line, avoid VPD u til your experienced you can ruin your plants. Also be easy with the 1000 watt light run it as low as you can where they don't stretch, its more than 2 plants need, save electricity. Best of luck!!!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

🐼 Fu
Supporter
I would avoid autos if your new, but it's too late now lol so I would really focus on temp, humidity and watering. If you get those right that's good progress for a first grow and youl produce good flower. Each grow add something down the line, avoid VPD u til your experienced you can ruin your plants. Also be easy with the 1000 watt light run it as low as you can where they don't stretch, its more than 2 plants need, save electricity. Best of luck!!!
Crap one more thing, get them off the floor! It's looks concrete and they get very cold for the roots depending on where you live and season of course.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
This will do for now. My luck they won't even sprout haha..
Yep I use normal saucers under my planters and grow bags, but in the saucer I ordered 8” round wire cooling racks for cooking and put the planters on top of those so they never sit in runoff and the bottom get air as well. I did autos in fabric pots in my first run and they did just fine and that was with 2x 250 true watt blurples!

Autos are finicky since you have no recovery time.

What soil are you growing in? Is it amended? If so with what?
Agreed! I normally run my lights at about 80% max and mine are on the ceiling of the tent, could I go to 100 probably but it’ll add additional factors, more heat, higher power costs etc for the marginal increase in yield I don’t push it I’d rather conserve the light and power but that’s why I overbuy when it comes to lights now lol

T

Tyrant

I'm using fox farms ocean forest. I added some rabbit poop in the soil.

T

Tyrant

Yep I use normal saucers under my planters and grow bags, but in the saucer I ordered 8” round wire cooling racks for cooking and put the planters on top of those so they never sit in runoff and the bottom get air as well. I did autos in fabric pots in my first run and they did just fine and that was with 2x 250 true watt blurples!

Agreed! I normally run my lights at about 80% max and mine are on the ceiling of the tent, could I go to 100 probably but it’ll add additional factors, more heat, higher power costs etc for the marginal increase in yield I don’t push it I’d rather conserve the light and power but that’s why I overbuy when it comes to lights now lol
Fox farm ocean forrest with some mixed in rabbit droppings.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Fox farm ocean forrest with some mixed in rabbit droppings.
You should be good for awhile then, that ocean forest plus the rabbit manure should feed them for at least the next 3-4 weeks, good you went with your final pot for the autos, they can be transplanted but if you mess with the roots and it gets a week of shock you can’t get that week back, so final pot is what I always start in for autos

T

Tyrant

You should be good for awhile then, that ocean forest plus the rabbit manure should feed them for at least the next 3-4 weeks, good you went with your final pot for the autos, they can be transplanted but if you mess with the roots and it gets a week of shock you can’t get that week back, so final pot is what I always start in for autos
I plan to add more rabbit manure to the top but not touching plant when they start to flower. As my research shows rabbit manure is high in phosphorus.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

B7160F7B AAD4 4C02 BF98 97D15CE81752
I like the camping grills they work great but I can see them being a little flimsy for a 5ga pot.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

When those plants sprout, you will probably have to bring that light to within a few inches of them, or they will elongate.

What kind of fluoros are these? T-5?

T

Tyrant

When those plants sprout, you will probably have to bring that light to within a few inches of them, or they will elongate.

Ones a grow one and the other is just a 40 w florescent. I could pick up a 75 wat led till my big one comes just to tie me over and get them in the tent?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Ones a grow one and the other is just a 40 w florescent. I could pick up a 75 wat led till my big one comes just to tie me over and get them in the tent?
They're probably both T-12 or T-8.

Bring them down close, like 6 inches away. If they elongate, bring it a little closer. You can get fluoros extremely close. If they start getting big before your new light arrives, get some regular, plain old LED bulbs or curly CFL bulbs and light them up further.

Top Bottom