Newbie here

• Thread starter SteelSmokin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

Hey all, hope everyone is good. I'm a first time grower by crazy coincidence. I was wondering just how likely my situation is, or if it has to do more with the type of plant I have. It was really weird because I had just started a veg garden. One night after blazing I found a seed and stuck it in the soil of my squash. After a few days it sprouted, and it's doing great! I've even been switching from indoor to outdoor, which I later found out was bad. The strain is Jager by the way. So do I just have a great plant, or is it luck? I know other variables count but it just seems to have worked out perfect.

Gingz

Gingz

Could be a mix of variables. Regardless, you have successfully sprouted a seed. You'll want to determine whether you grow indoor/outdoor soon. Doing a bit of research helps & there is plenty of that on this forum. Great people w/lots of knowledge! If you are stuck, someone here can help guide you in the right direction. I'm a first-time grower as of August of this year & I can't thank this community enough for the advice/help they've contributed. Good Luck to ya!
P.S. Pictures are always a plus!

SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

Hey Gingz,
Thanks so much for replying. Yea, I can't tell you how excited I was. Since then it's just opened my mind to new information. Also, thank you very much for offering help. So I planted it in the beginning of August, and this is it now.

Gingz

Gingz

Hey Gingz,
Thanks so much for replying. Yea, I can't tell you how excited I was. Since then it's just opened my mind to new information. Also, thank you very much for offering help. So I planted it in the beginning of August, and this is it now.
They are looking good! Do you mind sharing some info about the setup? Lights? Curious

SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

They are looking good! Do you mind sharing some info about the setup? Lights? Curious
So I'm going to sound like an idiot, bear with me. So originally I planted to germinate in Organics soil. Once sprouted I transferred to a cloth pot. Since then I have been giving 8hr uv light with 4 light bars. Then in the morning I take it outside, for about 7 hours sunlight. Recently I have it on 12-12 because I hear you can get it to bloom but keep in vegetation. I have been using the blue light to compensate for the night. It's like a poor mans setup to be honest.

Gingz

Gingz

If you have it @ 12/12, the plant will start the flowering process. I'm not sure if 12/12 % & blue light will help you reveg. From what I've read, I'm just a novice, I believe your best chance @ reveg is switching lights to18/6. IMO, I think you could get by with switching to 18/6 and letting the plant VEG a few more weeks.

SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

OK nice, yea I figured, I had only did it last night @12-12, so I'll switch. Also, I am just a novice as well. Although I'm kinda tempted to try for purple leaves when flowering, but I'll probably play it safe.

Gingz

Gingz

OK nice, yea I figured, I had only did it last night @12-12, so I'll switch. Also, I am just a novice as well. Although I'm kinda tempted to try for purple leaves when flowering, but I'll probably play it safe.
What day in August did you start?

SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

What day in August did you start?
I started it the 4th. I wish I had kept a log. It kinda just happened so quick. I'm going to write down as much as I can remember. How about you, what do you have growing?

SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

Yeah exactly friend, I wish I had started logging from sprout. In a way though, I see it as my practice run, atleast I already know more. It's cool to meet another beginner though! I will definitely check your stuff out. Keep in touch too, that way I can stay updated on your grow.

Gingz

Gingz

Yeah exactly friend, I wish I had started logging from sprout. In a way though, I see it as my practice run, atleast I already know more. It's cool to meet another beginner though! I will definitely check your stuff out. Keep in touch too, that way I can stay updated on your grow.
Will do!

SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

Some updated photos on my plant. Not sure if you can tell yet whether male or female? Also, I will try to get better pictures up without the light. Any thoughts on stuff you can see wrong, besides pruning, which I need to do, but not sure the best way to do it.

20200920 000719
20200920 000759
20200920 000854
SteelSmokin

SteelSmokin

I got a few pictures outside. I'm guessing it's female, not sure if these are enough to tell.

20200922 110814
20200922 110549
20200922 110840
20200922 110455

Latest posts

Top Bottom