newbie here

• Thread starter bigchips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigchips

hi, i've just started 3 critical+ auto by dinafem. I plan to grow outside in pots on my balcony in lanzarote. Outdoor temps are good all year round but i could have a problem with wind at times :-) after seeds have sprouted in peat pellets when should i put them into pots and what size is good for starting off. Any info or links would be great. Thanks

B

bigchips

my first grow

critical+ autos from dinafem. 5 days from seed :-)

Critical 1
Critical1
S

Sunbiz1

critical+ autos from dinafem. 5 days from seed :-)

Good morning, and welcome to the forum.

There isn't much to add, looks like you started out w/the correct sized clay pot. I usually transplant several times, the final one being a week or so prior to flowering. However, I've never done autos...so perhaps someone here that has more experience w/them could help.

Good luck!

H

high_time

I'd transplant when it's about 4 weeks or 12" and into the final pot because you don't want to transplant them and shock them.I've grew auto ak's the last 3 years and always got a good yeild and really good smoke,but I've never grown outside,and the wind souldn't be a problem it'll help that stalk to get bigger and thicker to produce some nice buds. hope this helps

B

bigchips

thanks mate. Also, should i leave it another week until i feed with ferts

P

Producer

I agree with High_time. I'd transplant when its anywhere between 8" and 12".
Keep in mind it will grow according to the size and shape of your pot.
I have a friend who grows in 2ltr pop bottles. He just cuts the top off and starts down low and as the plant keeps growing upwards he keeps adding soil higher and higher.
But because the roots dont have allot of room to grow, they get root bound quicker and the plant starts to shoot upwards. Where as if you use a bigger widder pot your plants roots will take longer to surround the pot. But it will get bushier and wider. Much like the pot its in. And also, when you're plant is at a young age its an excellent time to start LST and topping.

And as for the wind, as long as its not a drastic change in wind, like if the plant went from indoor to outdoor with strong wind then that would hurt it or stunt it.
However, if the plant has been outside since a young age it will develop strong stems and learn to fend for itself. Also make note that the stronger the winds the more feedings you'll have to give your plants.

S

stormannorm

Hey bigchips.dont give your seedlings nutes or ferts for at least 3to4 weeks.the soil has enuff for now.you could kill them or burn them real bad.just my humble opinion.

Peace out

BiGGinZ

BiGGinZ

They look good for right now bro, just r/o water and they will be fine as seedlings in those pots.

B

bigchips

thanks all. Great advice as usual. These we're taken on day 7, sorry about the delay. Thats the joys of mobile internet in lanzarote. I'm on day 10 now but i'll put a few pics up at day 14. Also, my friend is growing at the mo, but his leaves look a bit burnt on the ends. Could this be too much ferts or a water problem. Thanks in advance, bigchips

Critical auto day 7
Critical autoday7
Critical autoday 7
audius

audius

looks like your off to a great start, & welcome to the farm. burnt tips normally meen there getting a lil hot in the nutes. might wanna back off em just a touch. theres tons of growers here that are more than helpfull if ya have any hic ups down the road. peace.

B

bigchips

light cycle

thanks mate. Just to say, i've herd lots of conflicting views on light cycles with autos. I'm growing 20/4. Some folk do this all the way and others move onto 18/6 or even 12/12 at flowering. Any info would be great. Thanks

audius

audius

personally i do 18/6 all the way threw veg, then , when i flip for flower i start cutting back the light cycle 15 min everyday till im at 12/12. some others might do it a lil different but thats what works for me.

B

bigchips

day 18

things are looking good at the mo. Does anyone have some info on feeding ie. For flowering . I've been told so many different ways, and was looking for info about auto's. I have got a 100w cfl i'm going to hang over the girls and use the 4, 23w around the sides. One last thing, people say to have these lights about 2 inch away but they seem a bit hot for that. Would a fan make much difference as the air temperature in lanzarote is 30+ in the day and 20 at night. Thanks. Bigchips.

Citical day 18
Critical day 18
B

bigchips

pruning ?

hi all, quick question. Should i trim some of the top leaves, there is a lot of new growth that could do with some extra light and if so, do i do as normal gardening and trim as close as i can to the main stem. Thanks in advance, bigchips.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

There 2 small 2 trim.. Juss let them grow.. There looking good..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah, Don't start cuing on them yet! Just water em for now....
Let em grow and keep posting updates so folks here can help walk you though...

Hey bigchips.dont give your seedlings nutes or ferts for at least 3to4 weeks.the soil has enuff for now.you could kill them or burn them real bad.just my humble opinion.

Peace out

Good advice in My opinion

B

bigchips

day 28

hi all, i'm about 1 week from flowering and 5 weeks from harvest. Should i re pot now or wait till next week. They've got a few white hairs growing and i was woundering, should i start using some bloom fert on them. Thanks, bigchips.

Critical day 28
Critical day28
C

charlieboy8928

hi guys i have just started growing and was after advice on how to set my systerm up the best way and also i have white widow x big bud seeds do you guys have any views on these or ever grew them?

my kit -

1x 600 watt light
2x 4inch fans (one for in take one for out take)
1x carbon filter
2x 6 inch clip on fans
1x 1m x 1m grow tent 2m hight

thanks guys hope to here soon

Latest posts

Top Bottom