Newbie in Maine…. Needing advice

• Thread starter Trippgirl12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trippgirl12

Trippgirl12

Hi all! I am currently growing me second crop …EVER! Learned a few things last year and decided to really give it a go this year.

I am growing in 45 gallon dirt bags(love), used Bio Coco, Bio All and Bio Veg. I have used all Fox Farms nutrients to feed with(Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom). I have seen vigorous growth and over all very happy plants to date. 😁

My plants have begun to bud. I was worried that I might not be giving my “ladies” the best nutrients for this stage of the grow. I spoke with my local nutrient supplier(he has been great, I am probably a pain in his backside, I’m always in there asking questions)and asked him what he uses for his own grow.

He highly, recommended Bud Factor X and Big Bud. I have purchased them both. I was told that I can continue to feed the Tiger Bloom and I can add the “AN” products(Factor X & Big Bud)to the feedings.

So I am asking for your thoughts on the Bud Factor X feedings. I currently water my plants every other day. I feed them every other watering.
I thought I had read that it was 2ml(factor x) per gallon….a 1/4 tsp(currently not at my grow and don’t have the container to read) I was doing some more reading this morning(on another site) and saw where someone said that they use 8ml per gallon of water.

Any thoughts or opinions on using all of the above nutrients in conjunction with one another and what ml/gallon ratio are you all using/suggesting for the Bud Factor X.

Please remember, I am still learning, not a hydro farmer or chemist….. just a momma in Maine trying to grow some sweet nugz in the dirt.
Newbie in maine needing advice
Newbie in maine needing advice 2

Attaching some pics of my little jungle 😜

Newbie in maine needing advice 3

Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice work and welcome to the farm ! I’m no expert but pretty sure that guys job is to sell you stuff?lol I’m sure that stuff works wonders for some - I’ve tried a lot over the last few years and have always came back to general balanced feed until flower then just adjust the npk ratio . Sorry not great explainer when it comes to chem , someone with better verbiage will chime in

Summed up snake oil marketed to separate you and your money but that’s my opinion.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Your little jungle is gorgeous! Seems you have the right idea! They show no deficiencies. I’m a firm believer in if it’s not broke don’t fix it. Just like Moshman said, a chemical salesman will sell you chems. Keep up the good work and keep us posted! Welcome to the farm 🥰

Trippgirl12

Trippgirl12

Thanks for the input….. Everyone seems to be saying the same thing about AN. Lucky for me I guess…. I’ve only purchased two small jugs of the AN products….. wanted to see how my ladies would respond before I broke the bank…. You are right about the cost…. A small container of the Factor X(after given a discount) was $86!
I will say that I was planning on spending the $56 to purchase a container of Overdrive for the last two weeks of the grow…… after reading several posts/blogs and comments…. I may opt out.
The Fox Farms products have served me well to date. The ladies have grown vigorously and so far the ONLY issue I’ve had(and resolved) were two plants that were under attack from Hemp Borers.
Last year my buds were small and not dense. My goal this year, only one, is to improve the buds(my reason behind wanting to add the Big Bud/FactorX and Overdrive). So, I’ll take any and all suggestions ;). Happy Growing to you.

Trippgirl12

Trippgirl12

Your little jungle is gorgeous! Seems you have the right idea! They show no deficiencies. I’m a firm believer in if it’s not broke don’t fix it. Just like Moshman said, a chemical salesman will sell you chems. Keep up the good work and keep us posted! Welcome to the farm 🥰
Awe…. Thank you!

KeytheCaregiver

KeytheCaregiver

Thanks for the input….. Everyone seems to be saying the same thing about AN. Lucky for me I guess…. I’ve only purchased two small jugs of the AN products….. wanted to see how my ladies would respond before I broke the bank…. You are right about the cost…. A small container of the Factor X(after given a discount) was $86!
I will say that I was planning on spending the $56 to purchase a container of Overdrive for the last two weeks of the grow…… after reading several posts/blogs and comments…. I may opt out.
The Fox Farms products have served me well to date. The ladies have grown vigorously and so far the ONLY issue I’ve had(and resolved) were two plants that were under attack from Hemp Borers.
Last year my buds were small and not dense. My goal this year, only one, is to improve the buds(my reason behind wanting to add the Big Bud/FactorX and Overdrive). So, I’ll take any and all suggestions ;). Happy Growing to you.
The more you add the more risk is involved, especially if it's your first time using the nutrient line. Remember less is more, and it's always better to start off small and work your way up.

Another Mainer here! 👋

Top Bottom