Newbie In Need Of Dire Help

• Thread starter Mallyboo420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mallyboo420

Can some1 help me id whats going on with my plants im a newbie done a few grows but never got the hang of this nitrogen deff im hearing about some1 out there please help me ?

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Can some1 help me id whats going on with my plants im a newbie done a few grows but never got the hang of this nitrogen deff im hearing about some1 out there please help me ?

Need specifics Mall. Indoor/outdoor, medium, lights, nutes given, etc

M

Mallyboo420

Its a canuk seeds northern lights auto in about 2.5 to three gallon pot running a single full spectrum led 300w using fox farm nutes ill post a pic ... Growing in just regular outside dirt ..i had it in potting soil but she started to die off and give me signs of nitrogen deff .. But im also not sure if im feeding to much as i dont have a ppm metter the edges of the leaves are curling under not the tips just the edges although some of the tips do curl downwards ..
I feed maybe 1 time a week 1 cap full of fox farm grow big per 2 litters of water .. I flushed it out ..no joy still the same effect on the leaves ...recently i tried putting it outside thinking i over waterd it but now the leave look as if they are angled upwards kind of a taco shape configuration i trimmed off some of the really bad leaves i jist do not kno what i am doing wrong im so frustrated i just cant get this growing thing down

M

Mallyboo420

Its a canuk seeds northern lights auto in about 2.5 to three gallon pot running a single full spectrum led 300w using fox farm nutes ill post a pic ... Growing in just regular outside dirt ..i had it in potting soil but she started to die off and give me signs of nitrogen deff .. But im also not sure if im feeding to much as i dont have a ppm metter the edges of the leaves are curling under not the tips just the edges although some of the tips do curl downwards ..
I feed maybe 1 time a week 1 cap full of fox farm grow big per 2 litters of water .. I flushed it out ..no joy still the same effect on the leaves ...recently i tried putting it outside thinking i over waterd it but now the leave look as if they are angled upwards kind of a taco shape configuration i trimmed off some of the really bad leaves i jist do not kno what i am doing wrong im so frustrated i just cant get this growing thing down
IMG 20180903 151720
IMG 20180903 151703

IMG 20180903 151629
Madbud

Madbud

Total guess...overwatered it in the potting soil, underwatering the dirt. Water when the pot feels light, probably a gallon once or twice/week.

M

Mallyboo420

The pot never does feel light it does get dry on the top half an inch or so but it never gets lighter im not sure if itsbjist the dirt it self or shes not drinking enough

M

Mallyboo420

The leaves also feel like sand paper when i brush the leaves backwards is that normal ?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Your soil looks heavy and compacted. You should add some perlite, pumice, zeolite and/or lava stones to help with the aeration. Thats why your soil never dries and that is not good. Your problems are probably from overwatering, more accurately from constantly wet soil. Almost all plants hate that.
Also is that green patches algae? If there are algea growing on your soil there can a plethora of pathogens growing in your rootzone, including pythium.

Last edited:
M

Mallyboo420

So my question is i have already transplanted her once into the dirt so if i transplant again will it kill it off it an auto and im trying my best idk what else to don

M

Mallyboo420

Sorry for the misspelling my hand ls were wet ..im just so frustrated i dont want to kill it

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
So my question is i have already transplanted her once into the dirt so if i transplant again will it kill it off it an auto and im trying my best idk what else to don
These conditions will kill it for sure. I would take my chances and transplant into a well aerated soil.

M

Mallyboo420

This is just off the top bit what about adding a buch of small stones and stuff to the dirt do you think that would serve the same purpose ? Just a wild guess ?

Monster762

Monster762

The pot never does feel light it does get dry on the top half an inch or so but it never gets lighter im not sure if itsbjist the dirt it self or shes not drinking enough
Dirt looks like it has no drainage or aeration. No perelite either. You’ll have to uppot to fix it. Try pressing the sides of your pots lightly to crack the soil up. Or just uppot with a good bit of perelite added to the new stuff. Fabric bags also help drainage and drying.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Looks like you have rookie troubles my friend. You're trying to speed up nature and it won't work. Over feeding will not make it grow faster. Never water you're plant until the pot is feather light, especially in veg phase, you want you're roots to spread out in search for water, not laying in it. You want it to grow fast then you have to keep you're roots at happy as possible and that comes with a wet\dry cycle. I see clawing from over feeding veg nutrients or overly rich nitrogen soil and drooping leaves that suggest the plant is oxygen deprived. You have to correct these problems or the plant is just gonna keep getting worse! You'll get better as you learn how to read you're plants. If you're using soil that you dug out of the back yard then that's you're number 1 mistake!!! Go to you're local grow store and get you some pro mix about 30 bucks a bundle! You need buffer in the soil, to control you're PH... If you're leaves are standing up and look like their reaching for the light then you're plants are happy as can be and that's all you have to shoot for!! Be honest with you, it's all about trial and error for those first few grows!

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

That doesnt sound like an introduction to me....? Just cuz this is ur first thread doesn't mean it belongs in the intro section

M

Mallyboo420

Looks like you have rookie troubles the top leaves look like they are reaching for the light its just lower down here and there that they dont look happy at all they feel kinda like sand paper i am a garenteed rookie i admit it lol im trting to do the best i can im guessing i just need to change the soil it is an autoflower btw i dont want to kill her

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
moving your thread. To infirmary section.

Do you guys even take the time to look at where your posting? Moving forward make your threads in the most relevant category. Thats why we have different categories. geesssh

M

Mallyboo420

Like i said im a newbie im sorry i dont kno every nook and cranny of this site this is my first time doing any of this but thanks for the greeting

M

Mallyboo420

Ok now i transplanted into a better medium looks like it is improving some here and there but now my top leaves are ok looking but the bottom leaves look dark and glossy still have some leaves clawing here and there any tips ? After i transplanted it i also gave it a drink of bottled water nothing from the tap and i have been sticking to that havent waterd it since the transplant which was about 4 days ago soil is still moist

Top Bottom