Newbie in VA-outdoor

• Thread starter Slammd420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slammd420

Slammd420

Hey all! Trying out 2 Northern Lights, Pineapple Kush and Wedding Crasher seeds outdoors! Pests have been my only issue, I think. I'd love any advice or tips and open to suggestions. My goal is to build an apothecary of natural healing in memory of my mother who ended her battle with cancer two years ago❤️
Newbie in va outdoor
Newbie in va outdoor 2
Newbie in va outdoor 3
Newbie in va outdoor 4

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Well hello there. Very sorry about your mom, I lost my mom a few years ago. My wife is a survivor of kidney cancer, and very lucky she caught it super early.....

Can we ask what general part of the world you're in? It's always good to get a general idea of where someone is growing outdoors.

Is the Northern Lights also an auto? Not that every pure Indica matures early, but I kind of wonder, why turn them into an auto. Unless someone's in a very short summer zone or otherwise needs a quick grow.

Mothman

Mothman

Hey all! Trying out 2 Northern Lights, Pineapple Kush and Wedding Crasher seeds outdoors! Pests have been my only issue, I think. I'd love any advice or tips and open to suggestions. My goal is to build an apothecary of natural healing in memory of my mother who ended her battle with cancer two years ago❤️View attachment 1986537
Are you concerned about those leaf spots in your last photo?

And are you planning to top the tall spindly one to make it bush out some? It looks like you’re at node 6 or so.

The big one in flower looks strong like bull!

Slammd420

Slammd420

Well hello there. Very sorry about your mom, I lost my mom a few years ago. My wife is a survivor of kidney cancer, and very lucky she caught it super early.....

Can we ask what general part of the world you're in? It's always good to get a general idea of where someone is growing outdoors.

Is the Northern Lights also an auto? Not that every pure Indica matures early, but I kind of wonder, why turn them into an auto. Unless someone's in a very short summer zone or otherwise needs a quick grow.
I'm in Virginia, USA and all seeds were supposed to be auto's.

Slammd420

Slammd420

Are you concerned about those leaf spots in your last photo?

And are you planning to top the tall spindly one to make it bush out some? It looks like you’re at node 6 or so.

The big one in flower looks strong like bull!
Yeah, I've topped the tall ones. The spots are fugus gnats..currently treating the soil

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm in Virginia, USA and all seeds were supposed to be auto's.
Yes I've already had a run-in with reading comprehension, sorry about that. Hey, Mothman wanted you to put a fan outside so.......

Just kidding. ;)

Give us progress on your apothecary too. That's a worthy goal.

Mothman

Mothman

Yeah, I've topped the tall ones. The spots are fugus gnats..currently treating the soil
Hmm, I’ve had fungus gnats indoors (esp my first grow, from poor watering practices) but haven’t had spots like that. Never tried outdoor grow, though.

Slammd420

Slammd420

Hmm, I’ve had fungus gnats indoors (esp my first grow, from poor watering practices) but haven’t had spots like that. Never tried outdoor grow, though.
This is my first time completely outdoors. I've tried everything to get rid of those spots! They're definitely making the plant look bad but the bud production doesn't seem affected? I've tried adding more calcium thinking that was it but still noticing them on new growth

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Congratulations to your wife! Survivor!
Thank you. Yeah she's one to check something out immediately. She just felt something wasn't right and went for a couple of fairly routine scans. Next thing we know they ran more tests and told us she had kidney cancer. The kidneys are very difficult to work on. Maybe 99 times out of 100 they'll remove the kidney. She got it really early and they were able to remove the tumor only. She's very lucky but also knew enough to go check it out quick.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If you live long enough, you’re gonna have to deal with the big C in one capacity or another! My wife ended her battle last July. It is what it is and life goes on! Now you need to get a loop and inspect the underside of your fan leaves. Bugs prefer the bottom of the leaf and you might need magnification to see them. Once you’ve eliminated the possibility that it is pests , and you can move on to nutrient problems. Hang in there, and good luck!

Mothman

Mothman

This is my first time completely outdoors. I've tried everything to get rid of those spots! They're definitely making the plant look bad but the bud production doesn't seem affected? I've tried adding more calcium thinking that was it but still noticing them on new growth
I was gonna ask about the new growth vs older leaves, so thanks for that.

Do you see those spots on any other plants (of any type)? I’m wondering if it’s a plant disease. Can you get a clear closeup photo of an affected leaf? I’m certainly no expert on the subject but others here may be.

Top Bottom