Newbie Issues any help appreciated

• Thread starter Cuttybruh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cuttybruh

Hey guys and gals. First timer here so any advice and jokes are appreciated. I've done a bunch of research but it's never enough. I'll tell you guys about my set up. It's pretty basic
4x4 tent
Inline fan/charcoal filter
spider farmer sf4000
fan on top point down to cool off drivers
oscillating fan down low. Might be too much.

First mistake I made is going with soil.
Roots organic.
1 3 gallon smart pot
2 5 gallons smart pot
1 random 5 or so gallon

Next nutrients.
Guy at grow store sold me fox farm grow, micro and bloom which I was told later is for coco mostly

Next mistake 2 diff strains flowering at diff times

Strains Are autoflowers
2 blue sunset set sherbert
2 whiskey zulu

Now I've made it 43 days pretty good. Tent got hot to 91 while I was gone for a few hours at least. Now usually sat around 75-80 lights on 62-67 off.
The whiskey zul started flowering at 2 weeks after sprout. Sherbert is still in veg.
I'm having issues with both Now. One sherbert is perfect the other is stunted bad. Leaves pointed down which is nitrogen toxicity a dark green. And some yellowing.
The zulus were doing pretty damn good but now I have praying leaves and yellowing at the bottom.

I found about I shouldn't be using the notes after I saw a tad of nute burn and talked to a buddy. Went with ph water about 6.2-6.4 for about week now but today I saw the yellowing so I went back with the nutes but less potent the what I was doing. I thought I had nute lock and prob did for the two sherberts. What am I doing wrong and how can I prevent it later I guess. Ppm for the sherbert is 450-550 and the zulus are 700-800 I'll add pics in a sec i have to switch phones this camera is cracked. Thank you if you've bared with me this long to the end I really appreciate it

Newbie issues any help appreciated
Newbie issues any help appreciated 2
Newbie issues any help appreciated 3
Newbie issues any help appreciated 4
Newbie issues any help appreciated 5
Newbie issues any help appreciated 6
Newbie issues any help appreciated 7
Newbie issues any help appreciated 8
Newbie issues any help appreciated 9
Newbie issues any help appreciated 10
Newbie issues any help appreciated 11
Newbie issues any help appreciated 12
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

What’s your humidity at? Looks like you may have early signs of magnesium deficiency.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

So all of that sucks. It’s your first grow, and most everyone experienced that, sounds like your learning a lot.

Id like to help you not burn your house down though. You need to take the power bars off the top of your light. I can’t see what the dimmer knob is at, but that’s a huge fire hazard man.

C

Cuttybruh

What’s your humidity at? Looks like you may have early signs of magnesium deficiency.
It only started after I started using reg ph water. I ha e some cal mag and I gave them some today only about 3ml per gallon I wanted to slowly reintroduce everything.

C

Cuttybruh

So all of that sucks. It’s your first grow, and most everyone experienced that, sounds like your learning a lot.

Id like to help you not burn your house down though. You need to take the power bars off the top of your light. I can’t see what the dimmer knob is at, but that’s a huge fire hazard man.
It's gotta be like that for now u til I get another splitter. So my dimmer is off. So it's full blown. When it's like that the dimmer switch doesn't work. But it's at 80%

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i don't think you've made any mistake so far, plus look at it as a learning curve and you've done allot better than some of the other new growers.
It's a minor deficiency and since you've flushed it than i take the salt build up is out of the question.
Next time when you are unsure if the plant is locked out due to salt build up, than do a soil slurry mix with distilled water.

C

Cuttybruh

i don't think you've made any mistake so far, plus look at it as a learning curve and you've done allot better than some of the other new growers.
It's a minor deficiency and since you've flushed it than i take the salt build up is out of the question.
Next time when you are unsure if the plant is locked out due to salt build up, than do a soil slurry mix with distilled water.
Thanks, I'll do some Google and figure out exactly what a slurry mix is. Lol I'm sure it's exactly as it sounds but I wanna do it right. 2nd thing I have a question about is watering. I know it's a huge thing ppl talk about and I can never find a good enough answer. How much to water in soil. I feel like my soil gets hard and doesn't let roots breath good enough so every now and again I gently mix the soil around and am careful with the roots. I barely touch those but everything around I fluff up. But I shouldn't see any run off while doing soil correct when I water. What about flushing. Idk how what amount I'm supposed to be watering I've been kinda winging it. I know it's easy to overwater and I'm sure I ha e though

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

It only started after I started using reg ph water. I ha e some cal mag and I gave them some today only about 3ml per gallon I wanted to slowly reintroduce everything.
I’m not a soil guy so I’m sure some other guys on here can help you better. That sounds about right with your cal mag but again not a soil guy.

C

Cuttybruh

I’m not a soil guy so I’m sure some other guys on here can help you better. That sounds about right with your cal mag but again not a soil guy.
There's just a lot a stuff with soil. I don't have a soil tester and soil can be hot or not and then what nutes to add. or mix in nutes would be better. Idk it's been fun so far but since I'm this close and hopefully gonna get 3 out of 4 doing alright I'm happy with it. But the he'll with autoflowers. I just wanna get through this one and now they're freaking out and I'm scratching my head everyday cuz it's always something different. Praying leaves. Drooping leaves dark leaves yellow leaves. Should I snip some leaves that are blocking buds even though I'm flowering. I have so many questions but don't want yall to ha e to read my long ass posts

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

There's just a lot a stuff with soil. I don't have a soil tester and soil can be hot or not and then what nutes to add. or mix in nutes would be better. Idk it's been fun so far but since I'm this close and hopefully gonna get 3 out of 4 doing alright I'm happy with it. But the he'll with autoflowers. I just wanna get through this one and now they're freaking out and I'm scratching my head everyday cuz it's always something different. Praying leaves. Drooping leaves dark leaves yellow leaves. Should I snip some leaves that are blocking buds even though I'm flowering. I have so many questions but don't want yall to ha e to read my long ass posts
We all had to start somewhere man. Your first few grows are when your gonna learn a ton about growing. You should start a thread or a grow journal where you post everything about your grow and keep it updated as you go. You can ask as many questions you want in your journal or thread.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thanks, I'll do some Google and figure out exactly what a slurry mix is. Lol I'm sure it's exactly as it sounds but I wanna do it right. 2nd thing I have a question about is watering. I know it's a huge thing ppl talk about and I can never find a good enough answer. How much to water in soil. I feel like my soil gets hard and doesn't let roots breath good enough so every now and again I gently mix the soil around and am careful with the roots. I barely touch those but everything around I fluff up. But I shouldn't see any run off while doing soil correct when I water. What about flushing. Idk how what amount I'm supposed to be watering I've been kinda winging it. I know it's easy to overwater and I'm sure I ha e though
Slurry mixture is a 1:1 ratio. Dig one or multiple spots into the dirt and than grab a cup and fill half of the cup with the dirt. Make sure the dirt is from 2inch down . One the cup is half cup of soil than add your distilled water or nutral 7.0 tap water. Mix it through out the day few times for couple minutes and than one more before you go to bed,. If your ratio is correct than in the morning you'll have the soil settles and the water is on top. If not, just remove the soil and than check the ph and ppm. However, i should mention that if the ratio is not correct then your ppm will be higher.

For watering, at your stage water to drain and than water again when the pot is not heavy. When i was in soil i would even let it sit in the drain water for 10 min before i removed the drained water. I also made sure that the fiber pots are wet as much as i could. Anything to make the dirt to stay moist longer.

C

Cuttybruh

Slurry mixture is a 1:1 ratio. Dig one or multiple spots into the dirt and than grab a cup and fill half of the cup with the dirt. Make sure the dirt is from 2inch down . One the cup is half cup of soil than add your distilled water or nutral 7.0 tap water. Mix it through out the day few times for couple minutes and than one more before you go to bed,. If your ratio is correct than in the morning you'll have the soil settles and the water is on top. If not, just remove the soil and than check the ph and ppm. However, i should mention that if the ratio is not correct then your ppm will be higher.

For watering, at your stage water to drain and than water again when the pot is not heavy. When i was in soil i would even let it sit in the drain water for 10 min before i removed the drained water. I also made sure that the fiber pots are wet as much as i could. Anything to make the dirt to stay moist longer.
Damn so if anything I've been underwatering.

C

Cuttybruh

So the real question is for now I guess is the cause of my yellow leaves is a cal mag issue? How many ml per gal do you guys recommend. I was doing 5ml per but I did 3ml today for the first time in a week since I was flushing.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

The big challenge you have right now with watering is because you have small plants in big pots, long time to dry the pots out. I ended up bottom watering when I was in your situation, let the water soak up like a sponge and it doesn’t drown the roots as much.

30roll

30roll

They are doing well, but might be stressed from over transpiration. I'd try to get the humidity up a bit, and or cool the Tent down..
See if you can make sense of this VPD Chart.

C

Cuttybruh

The big challenge you have right now with watering is because you have small plants in big pots, long time to dry the pots out. I ended up bottom watering when I was in your situation, let the water soak up like a sponge and it doesn’t drown the roots as much.
How the hell... lol do I just sit them in my drain pans and water that and let soak it up?

30roll

30roll

I wouldn't do that. I'd measure out the amount of water like 1 or 2 liters at a time. Shoot for 2 days between waterings. Lift the pots to see when they are light.
Watering small Plants in big Pots IS tricky. If they are soaked and heavy, you can get Root Rot which will stun them quite a bit.

Top Bottom