Newbie Looking For Mentorship

• Thread starter MaddMack56
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MaddMack56

Hey everyone!
I'm new, and started on my own at first to see if then got it to and saw what this plant offers as well the enjoyment of growing. I started with youtube and the Joe blow opinions :( not the best idea I'm starting week 2 of my second attempted and have not done the best but a lot better then the first time.
I'm a young grower wanting to absorbe all knowledge please help!!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm!!Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of yournutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature andhumidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

M

MaddMack56

1. Seeds.
2. 5 weeks from popping out of the ground.
3. One plant roughly 5 to 6 inches, 2 plants 7-9 inches, have not measured exactly.
4. 2 gal smart pots.
5. 1 brick coco, 1 bag Miricle grow seed starter 3 bags perlite.
6. 2 times a week or so
7. pH between 6.1 and 6.5
8. I just started fox farm dirty dozen, before that miricle geow store food and dr nitro big, nute burned plants bad...:(
9. Yes its is part of the fox farm dirty dozen.
10. At start cheap 22 dollar lead and a plant light, then to a parfactworks 160 w led, building a quantum board 288 v2 with a meanwell driver and potentiometer.
11. Light is about 24 " away from canopy,
12. 2 plants in a 2x2x4 tent.
13. Temp runs 70 to 82 mumidity no lower than 50% to 65% no higher than 80% - 85%
14. Soil pH 6.7
15. No fungi or bugs Thank God yet...
16. This is my second attempt at any short of grow. Started Nov 2018.

M

MaddMack56

Thank you sir, sure I'm very embarrassed I'm coming herebecause my buddy said remove all nute burned leaves and well I did and idk I feel like I messed em up, I am using free seeds but just bought some. The small other plants have been removed and it's just the 2 plants i also have removed the carbon filter to out side the tent

20190316 173116
View attachment 20190307_225543.mp4
M

MaddMack56

I have other photos from start to know even my shot lights to now

Kepp89

Kepp89

Thank you sir, sure I'm very embarrassed I'm coming herebecause my buddy said remove all nute burned leaves and well I did and idk I feel like I messed em up, I am using free seeds but just bought some. The small other plants have been removed and it's just the 2 plants i also have removed the carbon filter to out side the tent

they're green! keep keepin' on

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Bro when I get burned fan leaves while vegging i wait till it's completely dry. Yellow/brownish color and the stem looks very thin and brittle. That means the plant used up all available nutrients/ stored water in the fan leaf and you can pluck it off gently or just let it fall on its own.
If it's still green and has small yellowing just let it be.

Kepp89

Kepp89

FWIW that overworks the fan unless you modified things. its pulling air in and pushing air out through the filter instead of pulling air in through the filter and exhausting into a big open space with no restrictions whatsoever. they're happier when they pull, not push.

look into hanging your filter on the ceiling inside the tent. see what you can do with that. i used the black straps which came with the filter and then some hemp string to position it where i wanted it. hemp string wrapped around it like a lasso and tied on the far frame pole to pull it away from the tent wall. same lasso tie with the black straps to hang it on the weight bars

BmakGrowGod

BmakGrowGod

Hey everyone!
I'm new, and started on my own at first to see if then got it to and saw what this plant offers as well the enjoyment of growing. I started with youtube and the Joe blow opinions :( not the best idea I'm starting week 2 of my second attempted and have not done the best but a lot better then the first time.
I'm a young grower wanting to absorbe all knowledge please help!!

Try dry organic amendments (Dr. Earth is a great company). It wont burn your plants like bottled nutes and helps microbial population in the soil (I use coco coir). You wont have to worry about nutrient doses unless you plan on using organic liquid inputs. Only watering when needed. I use 444, 394, 242, and 731 from Dr. Earth in different ratios depending on the plant stage. You could make your own ratios according to your plant but I generally use 75% 444 with 25% 394 (this is veg formula, flip ratios for bloom formula). 75%=1.5 tbsp per gallon of medium 25%=0.5 tbsp per gal. pH water from 6.5 to 6.9 to benefit microbial life. This is my basis of Dry Organic amendments but you can add whatever to the mix, like liquid supplements (Bloom booster, Kelp, CalMag, Bud sweetener,) as long as they’re organic. Remember to add Organic liquid nutrients in water before CalMag, this is important because it Chelates the Ca and Ma (makes it immediately available). Use kelp, humic acids, or anything organic really.
-GrowGod

M

MaddMack56

Thank you very much, I appreciate it will be sure to use those thank you thank you !!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom