newbie needing serious help

• Thread starter jasonscruff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jasonscruff

hi all . any help would save me from going crazy .ive recently saved some seeds .and decided to grow them for the first time ive purchased the flourescent light and ballast and also a 600 hps my room is 4ft tall 4ft wide and 2ft deep i have 6 ,4 week old plants which range from about 2 inches to 5 inches in height ive also just repotted them into larger pots im using coco soil and canna a and b feed .i need to know why the leaves are getting brittle and curling up. also when to switch to hps .please help ..........:icon_dizzy:

J

jasonscruff

just over room temp i think . i have an extracter if it gets to hot . is it because im not using feed yet (canna a b ).do i soak them proper now ive repotted them

J

jasonscruff

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You need to get the temperature at the top of the plants to really know. a 600 can throw a lot of heat. How close to the plants is it?

If you want more help you'll really need to post this thread in the appropriate Growing sub forum though.

C

Cobra03

your plants are 4 weeks old and only a few inches tall???
what size containers???

hubcap

hubcap

i agree with cobra....
ive got seedlings 4 days old that exceede 4-5inches tall.

its best, to gradually 'up-pot' or 'transplant.'
start seeds in flats or trays...and when they reach 3-6inches tall, i transplant into 'keg cups' or any plastic cup 12-32oz in size....and when the plants roots occupy the larger cup, THEN i transplant into its final pot. this, usually, makes plants alot larger and healthier.

as far as whats burning them....
it comes down to two things IF you havent fed them yet....

1. temps. hps could be too close causing alot of heat. or ambient temps in the grow space is too hot.

or

2. the soil? you transplanted into was 'too hot' or already full of nutrients, causing burn on your leafs....

only 2 things i can think of IF you havent fed them yet....

bugs generally wont cause leafs to 'burn'

PICTURES HELP ENORMOUSLY

-HUBCAP-

Top Bottom