Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Ý

Always take a bunch of cuts. If they all root and start growing it's a good problem to have😉

I use cloneX, 1/4 tsp Superthrive per gal tap water and rockwool to improve the odds and it does help😉

I've tried alone vera that I grow, it helps as well. Never tried honey.
+1. the cloning method i would usually use is clonex into a 1.5" rockwool chunk in a tray with a dome and mist daily lol. It was rare i had one fail. i'd take a dozen or so clones at one time. Made transfer into DWC effortless and clones would be full force vegging the very next day.

i wasn't ever sure if superthrive ever actually helped the rooting process or not in the rockwool, Definitely helped keep em happy looking in my mist bottle though, but it also left a very slight residue on leaves sometimes. never kept track if it sped things up or not. I remained undecided on superthrive for years but kept using it lol.

Rapid rooters or peat pellets are a far more sustainable product then rockwool though. i may actually switch to those this go around.

Last edited:
BB22

BB22

Bb22,

It depends how the flower was pollinated. S1 is self fertilization. A female plant is induced to produce pollen. Then it pollinates itself or a clone.

Z.
I assume the few seeds I got were created from some type of stress. 🤷‍♂️

Im growing in a tent, indoors. I honestly felt like I kept a pretty good handle on this run.

I don’t see any seeds on the other plant flowering in there.

Just got me thinking ✌️

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I assume the few seeds I got were created from some type of stress. 🤷‍♂️

Im growing in a tent, indoors. I honestly felt like I kept a pretty good handle on this run.

I don’t see any seeds on the other plant flowering in there.

Just got me thinking ✌️
Says to me that strain most likely didn’t like something environmental wise, temp, temp swings, rh, and even lighting, a lot of growers will flower plants with lower or higher output than your rig.
It could be a million things bro. 👊🏻🤡

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Is a bag seed an S1 seed?

Or is it just bag seed? Thanks ✌️
if you only find a few beans here and there in a good sized bag, its probably a self pollenated S1. Worth growing, will make genetically identical flower to the original plant. May have an elevated risk of stress hermie in late flower.

With a solid run the plants will be damn near clones of the original plant though, albeit often with a little bit less vigor. The original GG4 and Gelato 41 cuts spread far and wide through the commercial facilities were S1 seeds. The gg4 cut rarely if ever spit any bananas itself. Some people grew hundreds upon hundreds of pounds of GG4 from clone only, and never once saw a banana. That gelato 41 s1 was the pollen donor for my Biggs cross with pre 2010 bubba kush. The biggs will spit bananas if you stress her out late in flower, much like the gelato 41 cut. For some reason the bubba as pollen donor wouldnt produce viable seed, just hollow shells. Other way around took though.

If you find buds blanketed with seeds, its probably genetic early flower hermaphrodite seeds, considering most all of us pull our males. These seeds will all be genetic hermaphrodites producing full developed male flowers down low on the plants where they are hard to spot. Un-pulled fully developed male flowers mean lots of seeds.

Bananas produce very little viable pollen, usually only a few seeds if any will form and ripen.

Sometimes a bud full of seeds can come from male pollen, but its rare in this day and age outside oldhead geurilla "come back in fall" style grows, and breeding facilities. The facilities usually deseed intentionally pollenated buds and either sift it, or make concentrates/edibles with it, and the seeded bud specials are rarely if ever those buds.

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

You gotta watch this😂👊

I might need one of those🤣
20240425 062748

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
@Captspaulding when are you growing the kung fu panda? I'm sure you could find somewhere is that jungle for it 🤣
I'm growing it next indoor run with an okie cross, then we can see how she responds to your abuse 🤣 you have to grow it!

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Had a droopy plant once so i had a closer look and found the stem was missing... apparently something ate the fleshy part of the stem and not the inner stem core.

There's a cloth hanger around the stem with rooting gel in a paper towel covered all up, that's all i know..

View attachment 2162024View attachment 2162021
View attachment 2162023View attachment 2162020
I've been wanting to do this on a branch forever and keep forgetting. Not a priority and part of the reason I keep forgetting but now that I'm simi-retired I may remember yo give it a try. Just slicing along the branch (not against or lobbing it off) about a half inch a couple times, root jell and nylon with coco coir and keep it moist with a spray bottle.

Thanks for the reminder😉

juanderer

juanderer

I'm bummed because I fucked up doing an up-pot. Dropped the plant when I was trying to transfer between pots and I'm pretty sure I damaged the root. I was able to get it to hold up with the soil but it's all limp now. Gave it a good watering with added cal mag.
She's not doing too shabby. I think she's even looking better than before. Had to remove a couple of leaves that were touching the soil after I dropped it.

PXL 20240501 223645473

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
@Captspaulding when are you growing the kung fu panda? I'm sure you could find somewhere is that jungle for it 🤣
I'm growing it next indoor run with an okie cross, then we can see how she responds to your abuse 🤣 you have to grow it!
Bro I have 31 going right meow, what is one more 👊🏻🤡

You have the addy 😜

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

We have one hr left, @Bilber is tied for 1st,
Use the link and go wlvote for him now!
He deserves it
👊🏻🤡

TreeBee

TreeBee