newbie needs help. Will beg if necessary.

• Thread starter climbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

climbit

I’m having trouble with my grow. I should mention I have zero grow experience with cannabis. I don’t have a legit setup, just one grow-light bulb I share between three pineapple plants and the cannabis seedling (the seedling is positioned to receive the most light) and several mirrors in position to enhance the quality of the light. I noticed yesterday around 6:00pm, just two hours before my light is scheduled to turn off, that the very first set of true leaves were beginning to curl upward at the very tips, just slightly, toward the light. Immediately, I thought it must be because I skipped a watering. I had just ordered a Ph down and up solution so I figured I’d wait until next morning to water it using the Ph additive. The second set is on its way, it seems to be doing okay. Also the first set of true leaves seem to be off in a way I can’t articulate very clearly. They don’t lay flat, they kind of have a “bend” to them yet it doesn’t seem entirely bad. Also the very first set of leaves, the baby leaves that first come in are starting to wilt. I know this is supposed to be a normal process it just seems entirely too early, at least for me, to be ditching those leaves. They appear to be a very nice light green so accurately pinpointing a problem, if any, is quite difficult for me. I don’t have all the gadgets necessary, like a hygrometer or anything else I can’t think of off the top of my head. The temperature in my house is set at 70 degrees. Yet it’s for sure a little warmer in my room because of it being relatively small. Before I end this plea for help I should add I didn’t get this seed from a trusted website or anything like that. I got it from one of the buds I was breaking up when I copped a half of my local hug dealer. I know this sounds ridiculous as the seed could possibly be inferior but prior to all this I had the seed tested for viability by dropping it in water to see if it sinks, which it did! Since Im already here, that is, in the very early stages of the plants life, I’d like to finish this grow and if the buds have seeds in them when that time comes I won’t even mind. I’m simply doing this to gain experience points. Please if anyone can help. 🙏

I’m using a coco coir with perlite, no worm cast or any kind of organic matter in the medium.
If necessary I can take a picture of my setup.

Newbie needs help will beg if necessary
Newbie needs help will beg if necessary 2
E

Eclipted

Hey brother so a few things I can say is don’t kill ‘em with kindness! Weed plants are very hardy and can grow like a weed(ironic right) in the beginning you won’t need much light. I use a Walmart light for my seedlings and they all sprout just fine. Also you’ll want a humid dome around your seedlings for their first week or 2 of life.
All go is take a plastic water bottle and cut the top off. Then set it over the plant. This keeps plant humidity high and the seedlings need high humidity. They take in the water thru their leaves since the root system isn’t very developed yet.
Don’t bother with ph down just some plain sink water will get you through you first few weeks. Make sure you’re not over watering,, a shot glass of water every other day or every 3 days. Do not add any nutes they don’t need em yet.
Im a new grower and haven’t ran into a lot of problems with my seedlings but my guess here is that she’s drying out. You’re cooking her. I’d say kick the light back 3/4 inches take a spray bottle and give 2/3 sprays to the surface around the base of the plant and one spray directly into the water bottle. Place the bottle over the top of the seedling and dig a small hole in the dirt under the bottle one side to allow for air exchange.

Hopefully that helps!!!
Also welcome to the farm! This place is awesome and def helped me get thru my first grow. There’s some jackasses here you’ll want to avoid but majority of people have some awesome knowledge to share.

I added some pics but they aren’t the best. Hopefully you get the idea tho. Get that baby some humidity and she’ll bounce back

102A9DAC 0AF1 45D7 87A0 946474873274
82D071C9 2C95 461C BF36 678C5282B62F
Top Bottom