Newbie Needs Help

• Thread starter Davie G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Davie G

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and new to growing and I hope I can get some help super fast. I am growing a couple of plants of White Widow and everything has been going great for the last 3 weeks. But now I am getting rust colored spots and some of the fan leaves are starting to curl. I have read on other sites that it may be a ventilation problem so I opened the doors to my grow space and placed a fan on them. but it's not looking good. any help would be greatly appreciated. the plants are about 19 days old and they actually look pretty good except for these spots. Is it a fungus? can I turn this around?

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Can you get a couple of pics of the affected areas? Is the new growth a good colour?

The more info the better :)

Welcome to the farm

D

Davie G

IMG 20160419 062035

D

Davie G

the new growth looks to be a good color except for it is starting to curl like a canoe. here are a couple of pics of affected areas and it is starting to spread
IMG 20160421 080010

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Standard questions you'll be asked, what medium are you growing in, what are you feeding it, how often. What lights are you using ..

D

Davie G

as I said I am very new at this so don't laugh at me haha. I am growing in 2 gallon pots with just some potting soil that I picked up at Lowes. And as far as feeding them goes comma I just fed them for the first time today and I gave them 1/2 teaspoon of some Miracle Grow per 1 gallon of water. I know I seem hopeless..... But I can't give up now.

D

Davie G

oh, and I am using 2 CFLs per plant that seem to be working rather well and they are about three to five inches away from the top of the plants

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

There's no way you should give up. I grow in coco so soil is not my strong point. I don't think miracle grow gives the right nutrients in the right order so you may have to purchase something to supplement

D

Davie G

I appreciate your help and I hope everything turns around. Do you have any suggestions on what kind of nutrients? name brand? I have a pH tester on the way from Amazon should be here by Monday maybe that will shed some light. here is a picture of my setup let me know if you see any problems

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

I appreciate your help and I hope everything turns around. Do you have any suggestions on what kind of nutrients? name brand? I have a pH tester on the way from Amazon should be here by Monday maybe that will shed some light. here is a picture of my setup let me know if you see any problems

Ok so whatever nutrients you are using, they will affect the ph of theach water going in to the plant, certain nutrients are taken up at certain ph's so to speak. Are you planning on using cfl all the way or upgrading to a hps? Is that going to be it's final pot or will you be giving a bigger pot before you flip it?
Your set up looks Ok to me, I have never done a cupboard grow or one with cfls. Help will appear you're providing lots of information. The more pics the better

D

Davie G

let me know if you think this is a good idea or not. I plan on growing these where they are now until June when the summer solstice begins and then taking them outside to flower. the only thing I am concerned with is the pH level and I don't know what that is at this point. do you have a brand name nutrient food that you could suggest?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

oh, and I am using 2 CFLs per plant that seem to be working rather well and they are about three to five inches away from the top of the plants
That's seems to be that your soil is to hot

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Get a few 1 gallon jugs and fill em with water from your sink.. Leave the lids off for no less then 24 hrs to let extra chemicals cook off.. After that you won't really need to pH, at least that's how it is with my water.. You can call your city water company and ask what the water pH is

D

Davie G

I don't have the bags that the soil came in as I threw them away. But I can tell you that it was a mixture of half Miracle Grow soil and half organic. thanks for the tip on the water jugs.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Miracle grow is tricky.. Takes some.skill to use miracle grow dude
Are you in the US?

D

Davie G

yes I'm in the US. If you could suggest a plant food that I could use that would cover all of the bases that would be awesome

Latest posts

Top Bottom