Newbie on second grow

• Thread starter Dltbr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dltbr

Hey folks this my second grow I only grow two plants at a time due to space and etc etc

Right now I am growing a silent disco indica hybrid in a dairy doo / horse maya jar sandy compost mix ph is 7.0 and water with distilled water I move outside in the mornings ans have a couple 200 watt led grow light on at night after moving them inside at night I’m getting a couple brown spots on the leaves as shown in the picture.

Any ideas what it is am I missing something in my soil ? My last grow I over fertilized over watered and surprisingly enough got a couple pretty decent buds and good smoke but it was in no way primo smoke and I want to let these two veg all summer outside in 5 gal buckets due to not being able to plant outside as I leave for a few days every couple weeks and worry about thief’s

Thanks Dale

Newbie on second grow
Newbie on second grow 2
D

Dltbr

Sorry for double post I edited to correct some spelling and it posted twice

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Well your ph is a bit high.i suggest lowering it to around 6.4.
Have u been letting the soil dry out a bit between waterings?a good wet dry circle is needed wen growing in soil the way you are.
Also I'd worry as much about pests than thieves wen putting plants outside.

D

Dltbr

Yes been drying out watering every 5-6 days I only watered enough to have run off 2x would /can limited exposure to cold do this ? Had one morning i set them outside it was low 40s but was in direct sunlight and was in the 60s in a couple hours

Thanks

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yes been drying out watering every 5-6 days I only watered enough to have run off 2x would /can limited exposure to cold do this ? Had one morning i set them outside it was low 40s but was in direct sunlight and was in the 60s in a couple hours.
What exactly is a dairy doo

Thanks
Not sure about that.we can't do outdoors were I live as the weather's fucking crap all year and I don't give advice on stuff I,v never done.the plants don't look too bad though.sometimes leaves at the bottom of the plant die because they'r not getting enough light.im not saying that's exactly what's happening with your plants.
What exactly is a dairy doo/horse Maya jar?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The temps shouldn't have any effect, other than causing some color changes if it is cold while flowering. The plants have dried tips and they look overfed to me. A little better picture with the entire plant being shown might help considerably. I think it is too much P or K, since they can cause tip necrosis and general unwell appearance, since they can keep other nutrients from being avail to the plant. Since you are using RO water, you will probably have to supplement with minerals...Cal-Mag applied topically can work very rapidly, just be careful using it on the soil as it can raise Ph slightly and compound Ph problems if they are a bit high to begin with.
What type of growing medium are you using? Plants need a lot of water, but they don't like having waterlogged roots. Good drainage is VERY important! I personally like to water until water comes out the bottom... this ensures that any excess nutrients and stuff can get eliminated (so that levels don't creep up and cause nutrient excesses, and the problems that goes with them!) as well as giving you an idea on how good your soil drains. If it takes a LONG time for a few drops of water to come out the bottom, and 3 hours later you still have excess water coming out, then your drainage might not be as god as you hoped. If it comes out fairly quickly and stops fairly quickly, then you are getting close to the correct balance. If the water pours out as fast as you can put it in, the soil is pretty well shot, the plant is probably terribly rootbound, and you will have trouble keeping it going between watering's. Like the 3 bears... not too much, not too little, just right!

Top Bottom