Newbie personal grow trouble shooting

• Thread starter Vancitylocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vancitylocal

Hey all,
Newbie here in vancouver, bc. Just got some clones from a local farmer 5 weeks ago;
Og
Alien
Afghans

They havent grown much.
Now in the last week I just put them into larger pots as I saw roots poking out the bottom in the smaller previous pots
The plants come inside the house at night and full sun during the day.
* I'm using a potting mix from a local nursery that was recommended by staff, for outdoor pots.
I gave them a 6.0ph soak in the new pots and the soil stayed wet for 5 days. Maybe to much soak.
I have only fed them 2 times since having them. With hs plant life easy grow, 5-4-7
-In the last week the lower leaves on all went purply maroon. And new leaves are droopy.

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks for your input

Here are some photos below
Alien first 2
Og second 2
Afgane last 2

Newbie personal grow trouble shooting
Newbie personal grow trouble shooting 2
Newbie personal grow trouble shooting 3
Newbie personal grow trouble shooting 4
Newbie personal grow trouble shooting 5
Newbie personal grow trouble shooting 6
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey all,
Newbie here in vancouver, bc. Just got some clones from a local farmer 5 weeks ago;
Og
Alien
Afghans

They havent grown much.
Now in the last week I just put them into larger pots as I saw roots poking out the bottom in the smaller previous pots
The plants come inside the house at night and full sun during the day.
* I'm using a potting mix from a local nursery that was recommended by staff, for outdoor pots.
I gave them a 6.0ph soak in the new pots and the soil stayed wet for 5 days. Maybe to much soak.
I have only fed them 2 times since having them. With hs plant life easy grow, 5-4-7
-In the last week the lower leaves on all went purply maroon. And new leaves are droopy.

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks for your input

Here are some photos below
Alien first 2
Og second 2
Afgane last 2
wet feet,it gonna take a few weeks for the roots to fill the pot enough were it gonna start feeding more in turn thats when you lean your pots to see which need feed,just the ones needing it,if you still have some of your mix left fill one with dry and lean the pot towards you,then take one you have watered and lean it towards you,you will feel the difrence,if you have enough mix do the same with a half watered pot,that weight of a half watered one is what you need to judge when the food is nesecary,moisture level at 45 to 55% for any growing plant doesnt matter media either,be coco,pro mix,peat moss or flat right out soil,it is a balance for life,not wet or dry just moist,were you throw a loop in the game is when you feed and nutrients

V

Vancitylocal

wet feet,it gonna take a few weeks for the roots to fill the pot enough were it gonna start feeding more in turn thats when you lean your pots to see which need feed,just the ones needing it,if you still have some of your mix left fill one with dry and lean the pot towards you,then take one you have watered and lean it towards you,you will feel the difrence,if you have enough mix do the same with a half watered pot,that weight of a half watered one is what you need to judge when the food is nesecary,moisture level at 45 to 55% for any growing plant doesnt matter media either,be coco,pro mix,peat moss or flat right out soil,it is a balance for life,not wet or dry just moist,were you throw a loop in the game

So what you're saying is that a half wet pot of soil is when you water again and feed?
So dont feed for a couple of weeks and judge the weight of the pot to guess how dry the soil is?

"that weight of a half watered one is what you need to judge when the food is nesecary"
"were you throw a loop in the game is when you feed and nutrients"

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

yes,when the pot gets about to 45% moisture,put a cup of water to her,not over or under feeding if you dig,i didnt mention a soil moisture probe,most just buy them 3 for 1 specials,that have sunlight,moisture,ph straight up shit to use,a soil probe is your best bet,not many cant afford to buy those type gadgets ,that why i explained the 3 step procses of leaning your pots,way before everyone grew there was just you ,your hands and mind,when you feel the difrence you will see what i mean,nutrients are the worst enemy boaster this and that,soil only takes what it wants doesnt matter if name brand or not,it takes the even balance of values to thrive with plants soil has it all ,soiless have nothing to you put it there and thats were drama mama plants come into the house hahahh

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

there are other ways as well,weight the 3 pots,when you calculate how much it takes to get the first sign of runoff,how many cups did it take,water slowly for acurite measurement,MATH im not good with but most are in the world of numbers,so if you weigh the pot and notice that one plant is really lite one cup at a time to get the desired weight,feel me?
when you get tired of doing this you will be able to tell just buy feel or even sight,these methods i mention also will control bugs to a extent lack of moisture in bottom of pots take away the feeding ground for knats for one,next the plant will be thriving with no issue ,if it on the game line bugs arent attracted to healthy plants ,they like the ones that have a issue or two,think about this,what is the main thing that attract ant, spiders ,water bugs? water right

az2000

az2000

I think they look hungry. Does the potting mix have a brand name, product name? (Any details about that will help.).

How much 5-4-7 did you feed (what does the label say, and what did you do)?

Nothing wrong with soaking the soil for about 10% runoff. But, you want the soil to dry very much before doing it again. You shouldn't treat it as a houseplant and give a little water every day or two. It should go from soaked to dry (very dry, not quite to the point the leaves wilt).

You said you just transplanted. Maybe the new soil will provide some nutrients. Maybe it just needs to dry more.

V

Vancitylocal

I think they look hungry. Does the potting mix have a brand name, product name? (Any details about that will help.).

How much 5-4-7 did you feed (what does the label say, and what did you do)?

Nothing wrong with soaking the soil for about 10% runoff. But, you want the soil to dry very much before doing it again. You shouldn't treat it as a houseplant and give a little water every day or two. It should go from soaked to dry (very dry, not quite to the point the leaves wilt).

You said you just transplanted. Maybe the new soil will provide some nutrients. Maybe it just needs to dry more.
No unfortunetly. The mix is just branded with the local shop where I bought it.

20190729 064609
Top Bottom