Newbie question: Humidity dome yes or no?

• Thread starter CarpeDiamonds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CarpeDiamonds

CarpeDiamonds

Hey guys,

lots of conflicting information out there so just looking for some opinions. Should you use humidity domes when germinating.
I've read a lot of opinions stating that they increase risk of fungi infection and have also seen a lot of guides recommending them.
Is it alright to use them with the windows open? Also is there a a certain specific time to remove the humidity dome?

Cheers guys , appreciate your input.

quirk

quirk

It certainly can be done. I've seen many growers on these forums get there grows off to a slow start or no start by using domes.
Damping off, mold and fungus are fairly common with this seed starting method. Good luck.

CarpeDiamonds

CarpeDiamonds

If you do use it for seeds make sure to pull it once they crack the surface.
Damn, This might have been what I did wrong because my first batch of seedlings aren't growing anymore and look as if they're dying. Can't tell if they're damping off or its just the poor choice in soil I made.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Damn, This might have been what I did wrong because my first batch of seedlings aren't growing anymore and look as if they're dying. Can't tell if they're damping off or its just the poor choice in soil I made.

Want to share some pics?

CarpeDiamonds

CarpeDiamonds

Want to share some pics?
^^^^ That's the link to the post I made take a look and let me know.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I only use humidity domes for cloning, no need for seedlings in my climate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom