Newbie To Sog Please Help Me Do It Right

• Thread starter luvurkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

luvurkle

I tried to ask this before but now I am more lost. I was just thinking of doing 90 plants if I have the room
12x12 .. I started off thinking I was going to buy 90 "2 gallon pots " just go dirt and manual feed them . then I read about tables and ebb and flow.flood drain.. I have a empty 12x12 room to devote I want to go big do it right up to 90 plants please point me right direction . number of lights what brand and size should I look for ? flood trays? I need a list of must haves for the perfect sog 12 x12 room thanks everyone really thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Everyone does it slightly differently based on their own experiences. I can tell you how I like to do it, but most people don't like how I do it because they've had problems.

You'll really want trays that can be drilled so you can direct the flow of the flood & drain (which is what I prefer, but I do it kinda ghetto), and tables or something to have them raised onto. Lighting? I use 600W HPS, but would probably prefer CMH if I were still doing full flowering runs indoors. How many? Um... enough, I can't answer that and honestly, I have a feeling that the guys who can are waiting for you to use the search function and do some reading, because much of this stuff has already been posted.

To that end, go to Google, plug in "sog @thcfarmer.com" and see whatcha get. :)

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Dude, not to be a dick but this is the third thread I've seen you start about this exact subject. People aren't going to hand you the answers, I've already told you use the search function and you'll find what you're after, on one of your other threads about this. Seamaiden is right, everyone can tell you how they do it, but everyone else will disagree for whatever their EXPERIENCE has taught them. Do your homework then ask decent questions. Not "tell me everything I need to know so I can grow in a big op." I've seen you post some informed stuff, so seriously dude, I know you can search and find what you're looking for. It's all here, some big players have shared their set ups and all you have to do is search and find and read how they did it. No one will just jump on the advice bandwagon for a 90 plant sog, that means business. Business men in this market aren't looking to teach competitors. Just saying.

Colossus

Colossus

Heres what not to do...... Dont buy anything shit! Coz with 90 plants, your gonna want the best of everything! Im only on my first grow, i use 1 1000watt HLS Sunmaster for 4 plants and i think thats too much! :) So with 90 your going to want at least 15 1000watts!! :) Thats just by going on calculation - And i must agree with the other two lads here, you can expect help, because people here are willing, but to get a full blown answer to how to go about doing it.... Theres so much information on the internet, the best thing to do is search beyond 1 website, search 4 - growweedeasy.com is certainly one that has resourceful information - I can tell you what i did - I searched how to grow weed - I used 4 websites and used all the valuable information i thought was best from each of them and used them all together to do my setup - Granted ive had a few issues (another reason why you wouldnt want to do that many plants on your first go - If you have problems with 1 on the same system, your going to have problems with all of them!) 90 plants to diagnose and correct if something goes wrong your not going to forgive yourself so start low first maybe see how it goes, get your experience up feel the plants, what they need, hear them - Then with a little experience im sure you can go 90,000 if you had the space!

Take these replies into consideration bro and good luck with it!

L

luvurkle

Ok first off not a biz ,not a single nug for sale.
the limit for the location is 99 so I figure 90 would be a full run
I been a outdoor grower for years now they pass a ordanice that everything has to be inside or greenhouse.
Ok I been growing trees one single plant would be too much for my 12x12 room I use a 200 gallon smartpot,well anyways
I get good nugs and 12 trees is my normal run outside ,but when I go into harborside and get a neon nug that sticks to the wall at 25g this makes me want to try the whole indoor run. I am not asking to walk me through every step I have a basic understanding of what I want to do .Just looking for the pro to step in and say something like
"12x12 u can fit 4 tables 10 plants per table without ovr crowding use 4 600 watts hps bigbud is a good sog strain"
If you do a search u see endless advise do this don't do that and it ALWAYS contradicts itself ..
I don't know what to expect with the sog method never seen anything but pictures
I do want to run a full room because this is a temp setup that I am hoping for some of them "indoor nugs" quality that can only come from a indoor even full hydro. I have ran outside it was good GH was even better so I have to imagine purple urkle
will be the best ever in a sog .

PS cant be 15,000 watts to run a 90 plant sog right ??? Am I that far off really ? I was thinking 2400-3000 watts should light up a 12x12 but again never bought a MH or Hps so no idea the tru output till I am standing next to one . but thanks for all the help already provided.

boostedkye13

boostedkye13

I tried to ask this before but now I am more lost. I was just thinking of doing 90 plants if I have the room
12x12 .. I started off thinking I was going to buy 90 "2 gallon pots " just go dirt and manual feed them . then I read about tables and ebb and flow.flood drain.. I have a empty 12x12 room to devote I want to go big do it right up to 90 plants please point me right direction . number of lights what brand and size should I look for ? flood trays? I need a list of must haves for the perfect sog 12 x12 room thanks everyone really thanks

On a 4x8 outer dimension flood table , one should be able to get roughly 88 6inch rockwool cubes comfortably. that would require at least 2 1,000w lamps or 3-600w lamps to cover that 4x8 table. one 4x8 table requires roughly 50-80 gallons of water to flood the table with atleast 1 to 2 warterings per day depending on the strain or type of rockwool you choose. so i would suggest atleast a 100 gallon resivour or botanicare 115 gallon resi. as far as pump i would go with at minimum 530gph pump. hope this helps p.s. air cooling the light helps cut down 10-20 degrees. and in a 12x12x8 room should atleast require 1450cfm min. to exhaust air out..

L

luvurkle

Sounds spot on I just found out the standard flood pan is 4x8 so this is great setup for me to start with .
so {2} 1000 watt bulbs about 4 ft apart ?
what would a setup like this produce 2 weeks of veg 6-8 strain just rough guessing >?
we take 10-15 grams a day so looking to cover just our own medicine don't need anymore than we need but I figure the bigger run the more chances of success

boostedkye13

boostedkye13

Sounds spot on I just found out the standard flood pan is 4x8 so this is great setup for me to start with .
so {2} 1000 watt bulbs about 4 ft apart ?
what would a setup like this produce 2 weeks of veg 6-8 strain just rough guessing >?
we take 10-15 grams a day so looking to cover just our own medicine don't need anymore than we need but I figure the bigger run the more chances of success

yield will be highly determined off of strain and veg just remember that the whole point of sea of green is to eliminate veg time, so generally with a sog set up you will veg for 1 to 2 weeks (sativas do great in sog) and by the time you harvest you should roughly have atleast 7-10gram single colas per plant. times that by 88(roughly). should be around 616-880 grams. minimum.

L

luvurkle

so 1 -2 and it takes 2 1/2 months to do it . and we use 7-10 g a day X 75 days = 750g so this will be spot on without a lot of overages

Wisher619

Wisher619

in a 12x12 you should run 2 4x8 tables and each table will need 2 1k's or 3 600's 1k's footprint is 4x4 so 2 trays = 4 1k's.....4000w

L

luvurkle

wud 3 600's be as effective for the most part to save watts but it is more spread out then 2 light config. and thanks for the clear cut response

Wisher619

Wisher619

I'm sorry I meant 2 1k's or 3 600's per table....it's all about light spread and what the light footprint can do 1k is a 4x4 square....3 600's would give you an overlap of light....but KISS....2 lights per table

shotcolin

shotcolin

I wouldnt just pick a plant number and try to make that work. Instead decide what type of system you will be running and go with 4 plants per square foot. If its a table and its gonna be 4x8 thats 32 square feet @ 128 plants. Depending on the strain and its stretch get as many nodes as you can then prune off the side branches wait 3 days and flower.

Top Bottom