Newbie Trying to Start Indoor Med

• Thread starter Padrepuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Okay I'm 95% convinced to grow White Widow maybe maybe try Blue Dream later down the road thanks to MiMedGrower and 780zFinest. Now problem is that I'm clueless on how to start. Depending on where you read it everybody knows what's best. I need real world experience.
Is thier such a thing as an organic grow medium and nutrients for indoors or what would you all reccomend?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am not experienced in mixing soils but using a light peat mix with perlite and pure blend pro is all natural. Pbp is not certified organic only because of a hydroxide process that makes nutrients available to the plant. And companies pay for the cert so some organic stuff is not certified like Earrh Juice and nector for the gods which are all organic liquid fertilizer.

The organic hype will lead you down a rabbit hole so i am going to say what i believe.

Any method grown well will grow great weed. And the small percentage of gains from full spectrum lighting or organic only soil are not likely to be seen over other styles. Too many variables.

I think in order of importance to results is...

Environment- grower- genetics.

I put genetics last because different growers and different grows even can make the same clone come out very different.

Set up a stable suitable environment with sufficient lighting per sq. foot and you are on your way.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I am not experienced in mixing soils but using a light peat mix with perlite and pure blend pro is all natural. Pbp is not certified organic only because of a hydroxide process that makes nutrients available to the plant. And companies pay for the cert so some organic stuff is not certified like Earrh Juice and nector for the gods which are all organic liquid fertilizer.

The organic hype will lead you down a rabbit hole so i am going to say what i believe.

Any method grown well will grow great weed. And the small percentage of gains from full spectrum lighting or organic only soil are not likely to be seen over other styles. Too many variables.

I think in order of importance to results is...

Environment- grower- genetics.

I put genetics last because different growers and different grows even can make the same clone come out very different.

Set up a stable suitable environment with sufficient lighting per sq. foot and you are on your way.
I'm going to go ahead with the soil you recommended Fox Farms Ocean or Black Gold whichever you think is best. I'll go with those nutes too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm going to go ahead with the soil you recommended Fox Farms Ocean or Black Gold whichever you think is best. I'll go with those nutes too.

I recomended you use pro mix hp and a 1 part bottled nute so you can focus on learning what the plant needs and how to fertilize.

Never used or mentioned black gold but if you go with ocean forest break up the clumps real good and mix well with at least 25% large perlite for drainage.

The hard part of using ammended soil like ocean forest is while transitioning from water only as the nutes in the soil run out and switching to adding nutes. It is easy to mis judge and burn or lock up the plants. And flushing it out to correct the issue causes even more issues.

Any way you choose try to learn to watch and see what the leaves are telling you and always err on the side of less nutes. A little yellowing of the plant is ok. Can always give more but once they are overfed it gets harder. Cant easily remove the nutes feom the medium and cant at all from the plant.

I say pro mix hp because it is mostly nuetral and easy to fertilize in and also easier to flush out mistakes.

Soil with compost or worm castings holds on to nutrients harder and is harder to correct problems.

The positive is flavor from more available micro nutrients in the organic inputs.

But again. To see gains like that you have to already grow a nice healthy plant.

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

I recomended you use pro mix hp and a 1 part bottled nute so you can focus on learning what the plant needs and how to fertilize.

Never used or mentioned black gold but if you go with ocean forest break up the clumps real good and mix well with at least 25% large perlite for drainage.

The hard part of using ammended soil like ocean forest is while transitioning from water only as the nutes in the soil run out and switching to adding nutes. It is easy to mis judge and burn or lock up the plants. And flushing it out to correct the issue causes even more issues.

Any way you choose try to learn to watch and see what the leaves are telling you and always err on the side of less nutes. A little yellowing of the plant is ok. Can always give more but once they are overfed it gets harder. Cant easily remove the nutes feom the medium and cant at all from the plant.

I say pro mix hp because it is mostly nuetral and easy to fertilize in and also easier to flush out mistakes.

Soil with compost or worm castings holds on to nutrients harder and is harder to correct problems.

The positive is flavor from more available micro nutrients in the organic inputs.

But again. To see gains like that you have to already grow a nice healthy plant.
That's right you did say that I even have it in my Amazon cart.

Brain fart😁

Top Bottom