newbie undercurrent

• Thread starter dubsak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dubsak

dubsak

So I just finished building my undercurrent and I was reading some posts that light can escape easily into white buckets. What can I do to efficiently avoid this? Paint them?/wrap panda plastic?/tape up with reflective tape?

http://i618.invalid.com/albums/tt269/dubsak23/UnderCurrent003.jpg

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

They move all the DIY UC's over to the DIY part of the farm.. :joint:

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

looks like you did a great job on your system though :) +rep :joint:
did you take pictures of your build out//going to do a journal?

dubsak

dubsak

Thanks man! Didnt take pics of the build but I plan on doing a journal when i get the money to purchase a light and all the works. Im definitely going to stick with this forum too because i see alot of UC knowledgeable people

also im not sure how to delete threads im not used to this forum just yet...

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

No worries my man ~ a mod will move it over for you :joint:

dubsak

dubsak

cool well do you have any suggestions on what i should do? haha

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
moved it for ya

either wrap them in panda plastic or buy that reflective silver stuff

I would go with the silver stuff - cant think of what its called atm - but it will help insulate them buckets as well as make them light proof

if you look at some of the other diy uc type setups Im sure you will see what Im talking about

or somebody else will chime in shortly

not a bad idea to check out some other journals though for sure

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Has anyone used that krylon fusion plastic spray paint?
I would go with the reflective wrap over the paint even if it worked... but I was just curious :wondering

j wizzle

j wizzle

reflective wrap is what i use....its killer. like $1/ft i think...cant think of the correct name either....go fig, stoner can remember something...lol

dubsak

dubsak

thanks for the insight guys. ill probably go with the reflective wrap if i can find a nice deal. otherwise ill be my cheap self and use panda haha. but do you think its really necessary to cover them up anyway? or is it worth my time in other words hah. ill be sure to post up a new thread once this thing is running cant wait!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you have come this far - if you dont cover them and cover them well you will likey get algea and then root rot

j wizzle

j wizzle

you need to cover them with something or you are asking for trouble. honestly, for the extra $20-$50 its worth it and you only need to buy it once. i just wash it with soapy water after each run

MYLAR....thats what its called. haha

B

basement botany

I Vote for silver insulated stuff as well. Keep the rez cool. Heat is the enemy down there as well as light. Wrap it all even the pipes.

R

RMCG

FrostKing duct insulation.

Sticky on one side, reflective on the other.

~12$ / roll, but worth it.

Top Bottom