newbie undercurrent

• Thread starter dubsak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dubsak

dubsak

will the duct tape be enough to cover all 7 buckets? i actually have a roll of that stuff but i dont want to put in the effort to find out i need 3 more rolls haha. if that doesnt work ill just go with mylar. save time

MARTA

MARTA

either wrap them in panda plastic or buy that reflective silver stuff

I would go with the silver stuff - cant think of what its called atm - but it will help insulate them buckets as well as make them light proof

if you look at some of the other diy uc type setups Im sure you will see what Im talking about

or somebody else will chime in shortly

not a bad idea to check out some other journals though for sure

Reflectix -

j wizzle

j wizzle

why is that?

its thick and white....theres no extra heat buildup. it sits around 6 ft from any light, its just not necessary or practical.

lets say you develop a leak or something, now youre going to have to pull all that crap off, or you will get mold growing and not know it.

the heat is going to be built up inside the buckets if anything, its not going to get heated going through a PVC pipe. the water is ALWAYS moving, not enough time to heat up in the PVC

its basically just another thing in your garden that will collect dust, mold, etc. the less you have in your garden, the better everything will be.

dubsak...time is money bro, duct tape isnt going to do anything anyways, it will let light through.

just go with mylar and save the time (money) and hassle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom