• Thread starter 13ogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
13ogart

13ogart

Hello,

I'm new to growing and have decided to give it a try, since my state just went legal. I bought a Mars Hydro 48x48x80 complete grow kit for my basement. My basement in the summer run's about 62-65 degree's and 40-45% humidity. I bought all autoflowed feminized seeds from ilgm.com, great website. What is the best way to germinate, are my basement temps and humidity okay. My tent will raise a few degrees with the light on I'm guessing. Any tips on do's and don'ts for a rookie

Panhead59

Panhead59

Hello,

I'm new to growing and have decided to give it a try, since my state just went legal. I bought a Mars Hydro 48x48x80 complete grow kit for my basement. My basement in the summer run's about 62-65 degree's and 40-45% humidity. I bought all autoflowed feminized seeds from ilgm.com, great website. What is the best way to germinate, are my basement temps and humidity okay. My tent will raise a few degrees with the light on I'm guessing. Any tips on do's and don'ts for a rookie
I'm fairly new also. Have that mars 4x4 2000 kit. Read read,read, is what I'd say. There is massive info avail. And needed to be successful. Good people here. They will help you. READ.

Panhead59

Panhead59

I'm fairly new also. Have that mars 4x4 2000 kit. Read read,read, is what I'd say. There is massive info avail. And needed to be successful. Good people here. They will help you. READ.
Get the tent up and functional
U will need a heater. Gotta be around 80F. Also need good soil. The right kind. NOT Mirical grow.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Hello,

I'd go with peat pucks or rapid rooters. As a newbie myself, there's waaaaay too much information to take in the first go around. I'd stick with some good dirt thinned down with some perlite if I were you. And make sure you have a decent ph kit.

13ogart

13ogart

Thanks, That is all I have been doing, besides school work. Since it became legal in NY it's been read, read, read. I have smoked most of my life, just never was able to grow. I have my seeds in a germination station right now with rapid rooters. I read to leave them in there a week, just checking daily to make sure still moist

13ogart

13ogart

I'd go with peat pucks or rapid rooters. As a newbie myself, there's waaaaay too much information to take in the first go around. I'd stick with some good dirt thinned down with some perlite if I were you. And make sure you have a decent ph kit.
Thanks man, I have Fox Farms Ocean Mix and a bag of perlite for when I make it to that stage.

Image0
Image4
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You may have to add heat to the situation. LEDs don't produce much.

There are about three main ways to germinate seeds, with all kinds of variations:

1. soak in water overnight, put in paper towels, put in media.
2. soak in water overnight, put directly into media.
3. just put them directly into moist media.

13ogart

13ogart

You may have to add heat to the situation. LEDs don't produce much.

There are about three main ways to germinate seeds, with all kinds of variations:

1. soak in water overnight, put in paper towels, put in media.
2. soak in water overnight, put directly into media.
3. just put them directly into moist media.
so basically what I've been reading. I plan to put a pellet stove in the basement to heat the basement for all year growing. Would you recommend using the heating mat from my germination station in the tent for the actual plants during summer grows?

Panhead59

Panhead59

so basically what I've been reading. I plan to put a pellet stove in the basement to heat the basement for all year growing. Would you recommend using the heating mat from my germination station in the tent for the actual plants during summer grows?
I bought a oil filled electric heater. Put it right in the 4x5 tent. About $50 on amazon. Adjustable. I have everything on a power strip and timer. 18/6. Works great. Pellet stove sounds like too much work/time. And constant $.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I bought a oil filled electric heater. Put it right in the 4x5 tent. About $50 on amazon. Adjustable. I have everything on a power strip and timer. 18/6. Works great. Pellet stove sounds like too much work/time. And constant $.
Yep oil heater I use mine from now till spring I’m down under .

13ogart

13ogart

Ok, so I just purchased the Bio Green Pal 2.0/ USDT Palma Greenhouse heater incl. digital thermostat. that should take care of any heating issue

Reklax

Reklax

Like others have said get some heat in there, ideally not a fan assisted heater and if possible get a humidifier. That would help facilitate early stage growth. Good luck man!

13ogart

13ogart

Update.....8 day's above ground, just feed yesterday with 4 oz 1/2 nutrients solution. My one Bruce Banner is going short and crazy, got a dwarf Girl Scout Cookie and White Widow. The main 4 are doing good, (Bruce Banner, GSC, WW, Gorilla Glue). keeping 18/6 light schedule TSW 2000 about 20" away @ about half power. maintaining temps of 68-80, with RH between 50-65%. Like I said in the beginning this is my first grow, any tips or pointers....Does everything look ok?
Image5

Image0
Image2
Image4
Panhead59

Panhead59

Update.....8 day's above ground, just feed yesterday with 4 oz 1/2 nutrients solution. My one Bruce Banner is going short and crazy, got a dwarf Girl Scout Cookie and White Widow. The main 4 are doing good, (Bruce Banner, GSC, WW, Gorilla Glue). keeping 18/6 light schedule TSW 2000 about 20" away @ about half power. maintaining temps of 68-80, with RH between 50-65%. Like I said in the beginning this is my first grow, any tips or pointers....Does everything look ok?View attachment 1131251

Panhead59

Panhead59

I have kept my light (same as yours- 300w) at 24" above plants. Download the free LUX app. Then u can use your phone to monitor strength of light, and adjust periodically. You only want aporox. 5-10k lux for seedlings
Raising to 40k by end of veg. Stage. What soil ? A good organic soil won't need or want any nutes for 3-5 weeks. Ph will adjust itself in organic soil. Temps and rh look within range. Too much of anything, nutes or light will burn 'em up. Less is better than to much.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Too early to feed imo. Ocean forest has nitrogen available. They look like you might wanna back the light off a little maybe. Good size for that young though. Maybe a little over watered? The leaves shouldn’t curl under. Not trying to criticize just help. Good luck

13ogart

13ogart

Too early to feed imo. Ocean forest has nitrogen available. They look like you might wanna back the light off a little maybe. Good size for that young though. Maybe a little over watered? The leaves shouldn’t curl under. Not trying to criticize just help. Good luck
Thank you, I understand you are just giving tips. I just feed yesterday after 6 days no water. I will move the light a little higher. will post more pictures next week

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Like pan head said though. Get that app. Then you don’t need to speculate on where exactly the light goes. I don’t feed seedling until the small round leaves (cotyledons) turn yellow. They contain all the nutes little ones need. 6 days sounds right. I was just going by the looks. Like I said they are good size for that age so your doing fine.

13ogart

13ogart

I have kept my light (same as yours- 300w) at 24" above plants. Download the free LUX app. Then u can use your phone to monitor strength of light, and adjust periodically. You only want aporox. 5-10k lux for seedlings
Raising to 40k by end of veg. Stage. What soil ? A good organic soil won't need or want any nutes for 3-5 weeks. Ph will adjust itself in organic soil. Temps and rh look within range. Too much of anything, nutes or light will burn 'em up. Less is better than to much.
Free Lux app??? I have an iphone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom