• Thread starter motamama1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

motamama1

Hello, I am new to this site and to planting. I have just bought my first two clones but I am clueless as to what to do next. I do not want to waste a lot of money because I am not sure if I have a green thumb for this. It will be a mostly inside plant for now and will only be getting natural sunlight. I am not sure of a specific soil to plant it in or any kind of food the plant might need (I will be getting my supplies from our local walmart because there isn't any specialty shops nearby). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Soil is pretty easy.. get some good garden soil and some pots together. You can buy cheap nutrients if you want to add some (look up Earth Juice), just buy organic stuff (soil and nutrients). Make sure your sunlight spot is plentiful and shouldn't have to put too much into it. For a good soil mix just mix some 1/5 worm castings 2/5 garden soil and 2/5 perlite. All you'll really have to do is water them after that. Keeping it simple will be your best bet. You can also buy your stuff off of the internet if you can't get it at Wal-Mart ya know =)

symbiote420

symbiote420

If I were you I'd do like Octo said, Wal-Mart has potting soil, perlite, and castings. also to really rev up this kind of mix try to find some dry nutes like Espoma Bio-Tone or Plant-Tone for under $8, if it's not in Wal-Mart a hardware type store like Lowe's or Home Depot should have it, this way all you have to do is add water and a worm casting/molasses tea every blue moon, and DON'T buy a soil or perlite with time released ferts added! Trust me on this! Good luck

S

smokinrav

Please be careful with the soil you buy. Check to see if it is pre-fertilized, there will be numbers on the side called NPK ratios. it'll look something like 3-5-3 or .13 -.18 -.11.

If you get a pre-fertilized soil like Wal-Mart brand, Miracle Grow or Schultz, don't add food at first, just water and let the plants deplete the food in the soil. If you're unsure of when to begin feeding, just post pictures and ask lots of questions.

If you don't get a pre-fertilized soil, seedlings will need to be fed from the watering can after a week or so, not right after planting.

Good luck!

Top Bottom