Newbie's First Harvest

• Thread starter Aloko212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aloko212

Hey farmers! I am a long time browser on various forums and I really got into the undercurrent system here on the farmer and have read just about every thread in this section. I just finished tallying up my first harvest and I ended up with 2lbs of sub-par quality blue dream. The setup I have is a 4k co2 regulated room running current culture 16 8 gallon buckets with xl spacing with the full Cultured Solutions line (with the new early/mid/late boosters) plus good old cal/mag. My water is also chilled to a constant 68f. I just have a few questions that I have not seen answered and was hoping you guys can help me out.

So far I have been basing my ppm's following the Cultured Solution general recommendations. Today however I noticed in their catalog they recommend significantly lower ppm's when the amount of air being pumped in the system is 1.5 lp/m per gallon. My setup is currently running on a pondmaster 100 pump which puts out 150 lpm of air to about 100 gallons in the system. It now makes sense to me that I may have burned up my plants running higher ppm's since there were times I saw very little drop in ppm's. Just for the sake of personal knowledge can someone please explain to me why ppm's should be lower with more air in the system? Also my airpump has 33 outlets but I am only using 17, with the remainder closed, this does cause some back pressure which does increase the temp of the pump a hair but does closing the ports also cause less air being pumped?

I was also wondering about temps with lights on. I was under the impression that with co2 temps should be within 80-85 range, however looking at my small buds I just wanted to know if 80 degree temps with 1200 ppm co2 can cause small buds?

A final question is I have setup a bubble tray in a 40 gallon flood/drain res where I veg my plants prior to putting them in the flower room. I am having most of my issues with this setup where I have lost 3 crops, I always end up getting slime on air hose and walls which I think leads to root rot. The water is chilled and I add UC Roots every 3 days to no avail. With the same nutrients and same water source (RO) in the undercurrent system I get no such slime etc. Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this issue? I have 40w air pump to the almost 40 gallons of water with 16 plants in it is it possible the airpump may not be sufficient?

Thank you guys for your help!

Top Bottom