Newly discovered spider mite infestation...HELP!

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I gave up trying to reinvigorate her and decided to flush early. I don't know if resulting browning and folding of the leaves was due to the mites or the alcohol--or both. The buds actually started shrinkingAfter she is yanked, chopped, hung, and dried I will bomb the room and give it a vigorous cleaning. Mites are nasty fokkers! Have you burned the leaves of a plant wiping it with a dilute alcohol solution for mites?
Before you chop them, if you can take them outside or in the shower and blast the fkers with a cold water hose on a spray setting. You can knock their numbers down and clean up the webbing. Just let them dry before putting back under the light. They fly right off with the water but you don't get all the eggs, do it again in a day or 2 and keep doing it until you want to harvest. It will not eradicate but it will knock down their numbers and not hurt your plant

422src

422src

Have you tried UVB light. Get a bulb for lizards from your local pet store. give them about 1-2 hours a day. That'll kill them and could increase your THC while you're at it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Have you tried UVB light. Get a bulb for lizards from your local pet store. give them about 1-2 hours a day. That'll kill them and could increase your THC while you're at it.
Do you need eye protection with a UVB light?

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

I would absolutely love to see proof of this. Ive developed infestations with 2 uvb lamps in a 4x4 on 4 hours a day. And it was the 10.0 bulbs, not the 5.0. I'm not here trying to call bullshit, but it'd be sad to watch someone go waste money on something while their problem actually worsens

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Also, these bulb are not harmful at the intervals/distances we use them. Many people keep them in reptile habitats and are exposed to this type of lighting all day

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

If that were true, every outdoor grower would NEVER have SM issues. The sun naturally has uva/uvb (as well as uvc, BUT our ozone layer stops uvc from reaching the earth.

Uvb to kill SM is bro-science

Now UVC can and WILL absolutely kill spider mites. I've proved it, as I make my own uvc air scrubbing boxes for hella cheap vs the super inflated flu prices.

middleagedude

middleagedude

Plant therapy will kill the aphids and get you to harvest. Doesnt affect taste dramatically, especially if spraying once or twice. That being said, if you don’t wanna spray, I’d chop now.

Top Bottom