Newt Burn or lockout or ??

• Thread starter MTLEADER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Is this newt burn or something else I have no bugs on plants. They are turning lime green and the tips are now brown.
Newt burn or lockout or

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I can tell you that your light is way to bright for your plants liking.
What light do you have? What distance above the tops of your plants is the light.
If the light has a dial what dial setting as well.

I'd like to know what medium your plant is in? Exact name on the bag.
What have you been feeding her? What fertilizer? How much? How often?
Do you PH your water or your Fertilizer solution? What PH have you been running?

Please take a few and tell me all you can.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I can tell you that your light is way to bright for your plants liking.
What light do you have? What distance above the tops of your plants is the light.
If the light has a dial what dial setting as well.

I'd like to know what medium your plant is in? Exact name on the bag.
What have you been feeding her? What fertilizer? How much? How often?
Do you PH your water or your Fertilizer solution? What PH have you been running?

Please take a few and tell me all you can.
Ok light is on 200w full spectrum led
About 3 feet from top of plants
Goes 200,350,450,600 watts are the settings.
Medium roots organic lush.
Newts Flora series general hydroponic 3 part.
I do 1/4 of the feeding chart right now so about 1 teaspoon per gallon of water for all 3 newts.
Newts are done every other day with ro or distilled water between.
Also use great white for micros and down to earth bio fish every 3 weeks.
I ph my water to 6.5 or 7.0 and ph my newts to 5.5
Temp in tent is 70-75 day and 60-63 night RH is 45-55 percent
My light is a photo bio phantom led

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I also have cal mag, a compost tea brew, Flora kleen to flush, PH up and down, and green cleaner for pest control if my soap spray doesn't work on any pests I could get.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is kind of a mish mash grow. 1/2 living soil, 1/2 chemical.

I'd turn the light back to the 350 setting and keep it at 3 feet. I think you have a very powerful light.

As you have invested in a nice soil and Bio Fish. Why don't you Grab a bag of compost and make a compost extract.
Boost the compost extract with the Bio fish. Maybe a teaspoon of Molasses.

This is super easy. Just toss everything in a bucket. Mix with a stick and run it threw a fine wire strainer.
Water the plant with it and see what happens in a week. Your plant should green right up and get growing.

You don't need the Flora series. Save it for later.
Something to think about.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I have this compost tea. I also have recharge and earth dust, I did a organic grow last time. Trying new things this time. But I can do what you suggested. If it will help I watered the plants with pure ph 6.9 water last night I'll make the tea today and give them it later tonight.
IMG 20240512 044642

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

It's normally ph'ed to 5.5 that is optimal for soil last night I was in a rush and wanted to sleep. It might be my light was to high and my girl said she gave them water and I don't think she did soil was dry about 5 inches deep so gave them good water this morning until good amount of runoff and I will redo the microbes and then newts in a couple days. Imzzaudae I'll be doing the compost tea to get the plants roots going again, I think I need to get a drip system for my longer work days so this can't happen anymore. That's if it was her missing the watering. Let's hope it is

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Plant isn't fully matured it's a teen basically. The 1/4 strength is what it says to do, for people that have never used this type of Newt's before. I have done only organic before this.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ok light is on 200w full spectrum led
About 3 feet from top of plants
Goes 200,350,450,600 watts are the settings.
Medium roots organic lush.
Newts Flora series general hydroponic 3 part.
I do 1/4 of the feeding chart right now so about 1 teaspoon per gallon of water for all 3 newts.
Newts are done every other day with ro or distilled water between.
Also use great white for micros and down to earth bio fish every 3 weeks.
I ph my water to 6.5 or 7.0 and ph my newts to 5.5
Temp in tent is 70-75 day and 60-63 night RH is 45-55 percent
My light is a photo bio phantom led
Any reason you’re PH’ing your water down to 5.5? I think you’re locking yourself out here, constantly changing PH between each feeding will cause issues. Also agree with @budsofgeorgia thats a hungry plant, that size plant should be handling that light and begging for more at 200w. Mid 5’s is what you’d be looking for in hydro maybe but even for hydro that’s at the bottom end, but not soil, that’s too low, that roots organic lush is the same as promix, just peat based same as I run, treat it the same as you would soil. Get the feed rate up to at least half to 3/4 the suggested amounts at least

Check this chart below, you’re looking at the hydro side, in soil you gotta be on the right side.

IMG 4312
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

It's normally ph'ed to 5.5 that is optimal for soil last night I was in a rush and wanted to sleep. It might be my light was to high and my girl said she gave them water and I don't think she did soil was dry about 5 inches deep so gave them good water this morning until good amount of runoff and I will redo the microbes and then newts in a couple days. Imzzaudae I'll be doing the compost tea to get the plants roots going again, I think I need to get a drip system for my longer work days so this can't happen anymore. That's if it was her missing the watering. Let's hope it is
Who told you 5.5 was optimal for soil? That's far too low even for hydroponics and that's what's causing your lock out. Use 6.8 always.

Did you mention your feeding PPM? If you're not checking it you need to get yourself a meter there only 10 bucks and measure your nutes that way

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I have this compost tea. I also have recharge and earth dust, I did a organic grow last time. Trying new things this time. But I can do what you suggested. If it will help I watered the plants with pure ph 6.9 water last night I'll make the tea today and give them it later tonight.View attachment 2169532
I'm sure this would work wonders for your plant. I think I'd bring the PH down between 6 and 6.5 if you can. Maybe mix in a little bio fish and molasses just at feeding time. This will feed the microbes your adding in the tea.

Looking forward to an update. Please let me know how she looks in a week or so.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Agree, he says he waters every other day with nutrients at 5.5 and the in-between days with plain water which equals watering every day, so he's basically treating a peat based medium like coco coir
A lot of people think it’s the same as coco, it has to be treated exactly like soil, I usually even mix in perlite at 1:5 even thought my promix BX comes with perlite pre added, I water my plants once every 3 days in 5 gallon buckets

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

A lot of people think it’s the same as coco, it has to be treated exactly like soil, I usually even mix in perlite at 1:5 even thought my promix BX comes with perlite pre added, I water my plants once every 3 days in 5 gallon buckets

Agree, I've used it by itself & also in some of my mixes for several years. I'm going to be using promix exclusively going forward.

Top Bottom