Newt Burn or lockout or ??

• Thread starter MTLEADER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Is this newt burn or something else I have no bugs on plants. They are turning lime green and the tips are now brown.
Please post a picture of the whole plant. From what I can see, the problem looks like nutrient lockout from overwatering. However, having scanned the thread, it seems practices from several styles of growing are being applied. In that case, it would be best to pick one style and follow the advice of growers who are skilled in using that style.

MrCannabisExplains

MrCannabisExplains

Oh wow, those are some yellow plants! I have to agree with some of the others here, it's DEFINTIELY a pH problem... you actually have 2 separate issues going on. Let me explain.

1) Different medias need different pH levels for proper nutrient uptake, which is based upon the amount of organic matter. Decomposition of organic matter will lead to the production of organic acids, thus lowering pH. This is why the pH range for soil is up around 6.5-6.8, whereas hydroponics, with no organic matter, has a pH range of 5.5.
So running a mostly organic grow means you should keep your pH in the high 6s.

What's important to understand is that pH is reported in logarithmic units. That means each whole number represents a 10-fold change in the acidity/basicness of the water. Water with a pH of 5.5 is ten times more acidic than water having a pH of 6.5.

AND THEN...

2) There's the fact that you're using RO and distilled water, neither of which have carbonites and bicarbonates. These contribute to the alkalinity of your water and buffer against pH changes. So without these, your low pH is having an even more dramatic effect on your plants!

So i would switch to regular water, if possible, making sure it's just below 7. It's hard to make a call about your nutrient levels, as so much of them are probably locked out and unavailable to the plant right now, 1/4 strength is low. If they don't start darkening up a few days after adjusting your water problems, i would definitely up your amounts.

Good luck! :)

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Ok I'll try the newts at 50 to 3 quarter. There is nothing I can do with the water. I have to use the RO, the water from the well here without filtering is very hard water. If you drink it without the filters it tastes like dirt mixed in fishtank water. I used it before without filtering it and it kept putting the plants in lockout. I'm going to try to finish this grow with the general hydroponic newts and after I'm going back to all organic amendments it was easier and I think better for me and the plants.

MrCannabisExplains

MrCannabisExplains

Ok I'll try the newts at 50 to 3 quarter. There is nothing I can do with the water. I have to use the RO, the water from the well here without filtering is very hard water. If you drink it without the filters it tastes like dirt mixed in fishtank water. I used it before without filtering it and it kept putting the plants in lockout. I'm going to try to finish this grow with the general hydroponic newts and after I'm going back to all organic amendments it was easier and I think better for me and the plants.

That's understandable. At work, we started with well water that was 1.1 EC as a base. Lol Everything was locked out, so i had to convince them to get delivered water. That cleared everything up, as you can see. :)
Work well
Work

You could always mix the different water at a 50:50, or even just 70:30, just to get some carbonites in there to help stabilize the pH. Just a thought. :)

Stokes

Stokes

Plant isn't fully matured it's a teen basically. The 1/4 strength is what it says to do, for people that have never used this type of Newt's before. I have done only organic before this.
That plant could have been flipped a week ago. Not going to argue opinions but that is an established plant

And promix is solid but its even better with added coir. Ph’d to 6.2 always worked well for me.

M

MellowRello

I can tell you that your light is way to bright for your plants liking.
What light do you have? What distance above the tops of your plants is the light.
If the light has a dial what dial setting as well.

I'd like to know what medium your plant is in? Exact name on the bag.
What have you been feeding her? What fertilizer? How much? How often?
Do you PH your water or your Fertilizer solution? What PH have you been running?

Please take a few and tell me all you can.
You can tell the light is too close by this close up photo of
Ok light is on 200w full spectrum led
About 3 feet from top of plants
Goes 200,350,450,600 watts are the settings.
Medium roots organic lush.
Newts Flora series general hydroponic 3 part.
I do 1/4 of the feeding chart right now so about 1 teaspoon per gallon of water for all 3 newts.
Newts are done every other day with ro or distilled water between.
Also use great white for micros and down to earth bio fish every 3 weeks.
I ph my water to 6.5 or 7.0 and ph my newts to 5.5
Temp in tent is 70-75 day and 60-63 night RH is 45-55 percent
My light is a photo bio phantom led
You wasted so much time answering this guy. He can't tell that it's "the lights" from this photo. That's just so far off that it's weird.

Top Bottom