Next year I'm going to try regular seeds, now, when do I transplant them?

• Thread starter cpurola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cpurola

cpurola

if you've grown fems it's the same deal, just you have to check for males.
Yes, but to stay legal I only get 12 plants. So, I wanted a way to get them in the ground before they started flowering to maximize root growth.
Cloning early before June 1 and forcing the clone to flower to identify males has been suggested. Also re-vegging after artifically forcing flower before planting to weed out the males.
I understand most root growth happens during veg cycle then slows down during flowering and I wanted them to have a massive root ball like my photo fems have in the past.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I've grown Autos and Fems the last 5 years, so next year I want to try regular seeds.
I know how to tell the males from the females but WHEN do you transplant the females into the garden?

I've never messed with autos. I've grown both reg and fem seeds for years, though. I haven't noticed any significant difference between reg and fem seeds as far as quality nor quantity. I think it boils down to getting good genetics in the first place. Good quality feminized seeds are just as good as good quality regular seeds, in my opinion.

Depending on where you live, your transplant to outside time may vary. What part of the world do you hail from?

Yes, but to stay legal I only get 12 plants. So, I wanted a way to get them in the ground before they started flowering to maximize root growth.
Cloning early before June 1 and forcing the clone to flower to identify males has been suggested. Also re-vegging after artifically forcing flower before planting to weed out the males.
I understand most root growth happens during veg cycle then slows down during flowering and I wanted them to have a massive root ball like my photo fems have in the past.

We have the same rule here in Colorado, 12 plants. Technically it's 6 in veg and 6 in flower at any given time. But they don't really care so much about that part.

You could start seeds like now or in the next month or so, and start them with a 12/12 light schedule, keep them on that until they start to show sex, weed out the males, start additional seeds to make up for lost males until you have 12 female plants, and start re-vegging as soon as you do that. Then just veg over the winter into spring and you will have some massive starts to put outside come season. This is how you can grow some massive Volkswagen size plants outdoors 🤠

cpurola

cpurola

I've never messed with autos. I've grown both reg and fem seeds for years, though. I haven't noticed any significant difference between reg and fem seeds as far as quality nor quantity. I think it boils down to getting good genetics in the first place. Good quality feminized seeds are just as good as good quality regular seeds, in my opinion.

Depending on where you live, your transplant to outside time may vary. What part of the world do you hail from?

We have the same rule here in Colorado, 12 plants. Technically it's 6 in veg and 6 in flower at any given time. But they don't really care so much about that part.

You could start seeds like now or in the next month or so, and start them with a 12/12 light schedule, keep them on that until they start to show sex, weed out the males, start additional seeds to make up for lost males until you have 12 female plants, and start re-vegging as soon as you do that. Then just veg over the winter into spring and you will have some massive starts to put outside come season. This is how you can grow some massive Volkswagen size plants outdoors 🤠
LOL, Volkswagen size eh, bus? Well, that sounds great but I'm with oldchucky and want to avoid the ladders.😉
Oh, I'm in Southeast Michigan. Weather's great until harvest season.

Thanks so much for your suggestion and I'm very happy that you don't see any/much difference in the Fems and regular plants. Maybe I'll stick with the Fems for the 12 prime spots and nestle the extra regulars in among some tall flowers somewhere. (I did not say that, I'll deny everything.) LOL

Looking forward to next year, just have to stop buying seeds already. Did an Xcell spread sheet and man.... hope hubby doesn't find it. 😉

Top Bottom