Nextlight

• Thread starter GLGC.MI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

My experience with led has been...

• Total voters
GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Alright, I understand that LED technology is not on par with a lot of other lighting technologies which generally produce better results. However I do think farmers have a responsibility to try and use fewer natural resources in the production of our medicine, and LED represents probably the future of lowering electricity. That being said I had an opportunity to use a few products from this company and I was wondering if anybody else is using them, has used them, has any information about LED in general as I am pretty ignorant of the difference.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

As far as leds go I dont think we are quite there yet I do believe we will get there. For now people looking to grow weight but dont want to run 1000 hps or de,s run LEC and CMH 315's i been using the lec 315 for over a year now i replaced 4 1000 hps in my garden with 4 315 no change in yeild. I havent used the CMH 315 yet but see people buying them and hear good things about them. As far as LEDs prices are going down quality and power going up. i bet with in two years they will have some to rival the hps 1000.

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

well for my veg. I have found the led I'm using to be far superior to t5HO. The veg lamp is the only purchase of LED ive mad straight up but I got a chance to use a bunch of 525 flower lamps in another grow that are really cool. Albeit at 1100$ each still out of my price range.
This pic shows the set up with the led suspended above the vegetation with some cfls thrown up on the idea for side life light. The best part is no bulb burn out or diminish and half the power. 190 compared to 460 with T5

IMG 0054
Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I agree for veg works very good. I had bought a few back like two years back and ended up using them to veg with. Good luck

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

So at 500 and change I think I'll go with only these for veg. Screw the t5 not sold on the flower lights yet. Here's a set up of 3 of them. The nice thing is the built in fan, keeps the diodes happy and cool. But the output doesn't seem to be there. This is 1575w total power used (525x3) but I think a de hps would be doing just as well. And at 1100 a pop, forget it. Like I said, I didn't have to pay for these and I'm not as involved in this operation as I am in the other where we use hps for flower.

IMG 0096
REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

yo @sixstring call me tomorrow 818-925-4COB(4262) anytime after 10am your time

Latest posts

Top Bottom