Nfft Mo85 Grow

• Thread starter Glas Plandai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

The oldest has been gone for almost 2 years now so I figured she isn't coming back this time. I gathered some left over and spare parts and tossed together what I hope will be my first full big hydro grow.

Room Size ~ 8x7x7

I started by wrapping the room in 6 mil plastic and tossed up all the extra Reflectix insulation I could find.

Dropped in a 20 gal res and started to insulate it and give it a wrap in more Reflectix.

Installed a 20,000 BTU AC and vented it out threw the closet @ floor level next to the res. to assist in keeping it cool.

For res temp control I picked up a temp controller and threw experimentation I found ducting 1/3 of the AC output into a bucket full of water with vent holes on top keeps the water in the 5 gal. bucket @ a crispy 5-10c all day even with lights on and everything running in the mild spring temps. I will connect the cooling relay on the controller to a pump that will circulate the cold water out and threw a coil of 1/4in line in the res. I installed a fish tank heater on the controller but I do not think it will ever need it but just in case.

Humidity controller connected to humidifier.

Thermostat for switching on AC and if needed a heater.

Remote temp controller daisy chained to the res controller to pick up water temp in the pipe input.

A Fogger on a programmable cycle timer.

1000w Mh Convertion and 1000w HPS with timer

Some fans and a scrubber

For CO2 I will use 2x 5gall water bottles with sugar yeast moonshine mix.

Once Mo85 is done flowering and her clone I turned into a mother is veged enough to pull 6 clones I am going to attempt to run the NFT as normal and run a 24/7 fog into the net cup chambers I installed. Foil on the top of the net cups will act as the barrier for wet zone and light. If all goes well the fog should make the 4" pipe a big cloner. Once roots develop I will add in some expanded clay for support and some moisture retention and dial the fogger down enough to just keep the clay moist. The roots should drop to the water channel and snap once they can reach it. At that point I plan to set the fogger to a 1on15off cycle in an attempt to get the fog to the entire root zone.

Here is a video sorry its green light Mo85 was sleeping and also a pic of Mo85s clone currently in veg.
Clonemom

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

@Huckster79 Here you go going to be a couple weeks B4 I attempt to clone got a few more details to wrap up Currently the system is sterilizing in prep for clones.

Huckster79

Huckster79

Awesome! Can't wait to watch your progress! Very different t growing style that I'm familiar with at all and that's what I'm so excited to watch!!!

Huckster79

Huckster79

Any updates? Really thinking of going this route next run so a 10 weeks or so from now...

Glas Plandai

Glas Plandai

I didn't get to post updates or pics for this grow but it did turn out well. The fog mixed with NFT presented some root zone rot issues if not put on a well-maintained cycle. Fog too much and your too damp all the time and not enough your just wasting your time. I found myself having to check roots more than once daily out of paranoia. I got the pipe looking like a giant fur ball inside. Maybe 10% more yield. but insanely high THC around 32%

Latest posts

Top Bottom