NFT/Gutter grow and Loompa's gear

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

Just glanced back at what I posted, sounded a little bitchy, I kind of went on a rant about expensive genetics etc. & it really wasn't directed at Loompa. I do think his beans are double what they should be, but thats just my opinion.

N

nightmarecreature

I agree the price is too high but the demand is high and people are forking over the money. If people stopped buying, the price would drop. At movie theaters, a large soda will cost you about $6, but the sheep keep buying and the price sticks.

A nice Clone only OG can be had for $100-
$300 without the need to spend all that time and the $600 dollars it costs to flower the seed plants for the next 3 months.

That pack of $250 seeds, really can cost you over $1000! Thats if you even find anything....

Its like scratching a lotto ticket with any breeder, thats just how it is. Some breeders are better than others but at the same time,the bar gets set higher and higher.

Last edited:
Canappa

Canappa

Canna I just might live close enough to U too make sure you get that stinky yeti Bx2 female..

All it takes is just one clone..

Good vibes sir..
I agree the price is too high but the demand is high and people are forking over the money. If people stopped buying, the price would drop. At movie theaters, a large soda will cost you about $6, but the sheep keep buying and the price sticks.

A nice Clone only OG can be had for $100-
$300 without the need to spend all that time and the $600 dollars it costs to flower the seed plants for the next 3 months.

That pack of $250 seeds, really can cost you over $1000! Thats if you even find anything....

Its like scratching a lotto ticket with any breeder, thats just how it is. Some breeders are better than others but at the same time,the bar gets set higher and higher.

I started in 92" and back then it was all Clone only I would run, we had no choice in the matter seeds where not readily available like today. I just thought the more it cost the better chance you have on finding a keeper, I was wrong I just want a keeper that I can run to keep my patients happy so they dont go to the next guy but, like you say the bar gets set higher and higher. I dont blame them one bit for getting their money it takes a lot of time and effort to become a good breeder.

Canappa

Canappa

Canna I just might live close enough to U too make sure you get that stinky yeti Bx2 female..

All it takes is just one clone..

Good vibes sir..

Thanks for looking out bro! Yeh I am Downriver but work in Adrian, Might have to take you up on that. Time will tell I might have on one hand who knows to early to tell.

G

greyman41420

What up guys, hope everyone had a good weekend. Def not trying to stir the pot or argue with anyone, but I do have to call it like I see it and my run of Loompas gear has been night and day different than you guys. I 100% believe you of course, its just crazy how different. I have been growing since 1997 and supply to a few dispensaries down here, so I would like to think I have some idea of what I'm talking about. On my BX2 run, I had 24 seeds, 23 cracked and I had 11 females. Out of those 11 females I have two different game changer phenos in my opinion. I have been searching for that super skunk pinesol fuel smell and I got that out of the BX2 run with a pheno that is super trichy, just looks awesome all around. I wish my pictures in my BX2 thread had been better and could really relay. My other keeper didnt have that pinesol kill to it, but my god the trich and buds were so dense, so thick, so pretty that i just had to keep it.

On the abominable snowman run, I had 20 seeds(not sure why my BX2 packs had 12 each and these 10), all 20 cracked, 9 females out of 20 and while I only had one keeper, this plant is so fierce I almost feel the need to send around clones of her just so everyone can run her and enjoy. The foodog I had once again all 20 seeds cracked, only 7 females out of 20, but two of the phenos are just absurd flame in my opinion. I logged both journals in full and will be posting the snowman and foodog journals asap, trying to finish up the BX2 first, which seems to be taking my slow ass forever.

Anyways, Canappa I really hope you take me up on running some of these clones, I love your setup and would love to see them run in that room. Sorry to everyone that has had such a shitty experience with the beans from Loompa. It looks like some bad luck which certainly doesn't make anyone feel better about it unfortunately. In terms of the pricing, yes, it was expensive, but with the amount of phenos I kept for future use I just can't call my investment a bad return.

Canappa

Canappa

What up guys, hope everyone had a good weekend. Def not trying to stir the pot or argue with anyone, but I do have to call it like I see it and my run of Loompas gear has been night and day different than you guys. I 100% believe you of course, its just crazy how different. I have been growing since 1997 and supply to a few dispensaries down here, so I would like to think I have some idea of what I'm talking about. On my BX2 run, I had 24 seeds, 23 cracked and I had 11 females. Out of those 11 females I have two different game changer phenos in my opinion. I have been searching for that super skunk pinesol fuel smell and I got that out of the BX2 run with a pheno that is super trichy, just looks awesome all around. I wish my pictures in my BX2 thread had been better and could really relay. My other keeper didnt have that pinesol kill to it, but my god the trich and buds were so dense, so thick, so pretty that i just had to keep it.

On the abominable snowman run, I had 20 seeds(not sure why my BX2 packs had 12 each and these 10), all 20 cracked, 9 females out of 20 and while I only had one keeper, this plant is so fierce I almost feel the need to send around clones of her just so everyone can run her and enjoy. The foodog I had once again all 20 seeds cracked, only 7 females out of 20, but two of the phenos are just absurd flame in my opinion. I logged both journals in full and will be posting the snowman and foodog journals asap, trying to finish up the BX2 first, which seems to be taking my slow ass forever.

Anyways, Canappa I really hope you take me up on running some of these clones, I love your setup and would love to see them run in that room. Sorry to everyone that has had such a shitty experience with the beans from Loompa. It looks like some bad luck which certainly doesn't make anyone feel better about it unfortunately. In terms of the pricing, yes, it was expensive, but with the amount of phenos I kept for future use I just can't call my investment a bad return.

Thanks for the input on the subject, I agree there are some gems to be found in Loompa's gear for sure but, it all depends on how many you run. The more beans you run the more keepers you will find. I know that I have a good chance to find a keeper in what I have thats what we all are doing is looking for that right special girl shes out there. When working with any Regular beans anything can happen thats all part of the hunt you win some and you loose some.;)

MrRightBrain

MrRightBrain

dAlso not trying to argue, bit $200 for a shot in the dark is more for the gambling man I suppose, but humor me here. You can get a two pack of Nevil and Shanti Babas genes for less then $200. Loompa "no offense " is not where those guys are, but as was stated, if people pay for it great, I wont. I can pop 5 seeds from shanti or serious and get a keeper with its own personality . But to each their own.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Just caught up with the thread, sorry to read about the bad luck. I entirely understand it sucks, if anything it's the wasted time and I do agree the price raises expectations. However, with that many males it obviously becomes a lot harder to find a female keeper. Some grower out there is very happy getting almost all females... I hope you get his luck next run!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I'm with you guys on the price 245 dollars after shipping is high when there are too many different growers having the same problems as far rooting them no keepers, smell an to many males per pack it just seems to me that they are not stable, an I believe @loompa said there will be at least 1 or 2 keepers of the f3's per pack is why people my self included bought a couple packs that I will be holding them at a high standard! I just feel bad for the people that don't have access to the elite cut's an don't have much money an spend there hard earned money only to get let down on average meds! An I would expect this from f1's but not f'3

Last edited:
waayne

waayne

@Canappa ,man sorry to hear about all the males.....

Seed runs are always an adventure,there's no denying that,no matter what the cost of the seeds were........

Much respect to you for handling this like a pro,and already changing over your room,and moving on!
Props to you Canappa!

Oh yeah,as far as finding stinky males goes, I've only found one MoonDawg male that had much stank at all.......
The Yeti males I found had virtually zero aroma when you rubbed the stems......

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

No @D9 Mafia I have been reading an seeing it on people's grow journal's all talking about pretty much the same issues they can't all have bad environmental issues as these are seasoned grower's that have pictures of fire in there previous grows! But I'm glad to see you found something special my yeti will be getting ran soon the only reason for my delay is I have gotten blessed with GD's yeti #7! Can you link us to your grow with pictures thanks

waayne

waayne

@D9 Mafia yeah I would tend to agree with @TSTEW313
It seems many different growers,in different environments are having the same results .....

I ran my Yetis in my perpetual flower room,they were the only plants struggling in that room during that time ,The flower room also contained several other OG 's like this Bty OG,and TK
IMG 5498

IMG 4409

Canappa

Canappa

@ D9 Mafia An environmental issue really are you serious, thats like calling all of us bad growers I have the best environment for my girls 24/7. I dont think it would have made a difference but I seen your set up good work on finding some keepers. But whats a keeper to you may not be a keeper for me. Have you ran it and give it a full cure that's when the truth comes out if it a keeper or not in my book.

Like Loompa stated in the beginning the "odds of finding something special increase as our plant numbers grow. And then the chance to hit the lottery" why does it take winning the lottery to find a keeper? you shouldn't have to have a competition to find it IMO there should be more stable being and F3 since Loompa is not around to give us input who knows? I know I might not find the "holy grail" but I wanted something I would enjoy smoking:cigar:

Latest posts

Top Bottom