1X GSC
2X cotton candy kush
2X purple kush
1X eleven roses

Tempimageklqvg8

Frostie069

Frostie069

few update photos.

snapped a branch yesterday on a GSC, start of the manifold bends didn't go well. I don't know if it's the LEDs or NFT but never snapped one before, they seem 'crisper' than other methods.

A couple have been added late hence the size difference.

Being my 3rd grow im still learning. Biggest one is dialling into nutrients and plants. Im getting better at it. Nutrients can be my best friend or my worst nightmare, but I'm cracking the code slowly through trial and error.

the line up is now:
2x Girl Scout cookies
2x cotton candy kush
1x do-si-dos
2x purple kush

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

interesting setup brother! time for an update as well!
getting into nft myself, will start building this coming weekend. im finding it hard to get good info regarding nft systems growing cannabis, and my only option were 2x4 channels specifically for nft(not budget friendly)and 110mm pvc pipe used in plumbing(much more budget friendly). i guess ill be learning as i build and grow using the setup. my thread if you keen to follow along https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/hydro-res-air-and-circulation-pumps-chillers-and-ozone.146562/

Frostie069

Frostie069

Hi,

Week 8 Veg. I know, 8 weeks veg is a long time.

I have been pretty lazy and late to the party with this grow. Too slow raising EC levels, too slow raising lighting levels, too late on first topping cuts etc which has prolonged the veg process.

There has also been some troubles with "age" difference between plants as I germ'd a couple of beans a couple of weeks after the rest. I thought I'd get them to catch up and EC wouldn't be an issue however I was quite wrong.

I've spent the last week working hard to get things humming along again.

Did a 100% reservoir water change out and upped the EC. Upped the lighting levels twice so now they're getting approx 25k LUX. Tied them down and made some more cuts and upped the EC level a bit more. They're back to humming along.

I'm at work for a week but plan on flicking them over to 12/12 when I return home.

TempImageNyrwFW
TempImageawCjaH
TempImage0fqd8b
TempImageIRECQA
Frostie069

Frostie069

5 day growth comparison photos from the last posted
turned the lights out today, I'll give them a day and a half in darkness before going 12/12.
I threw a tarp over the tent just to help avoid any light getting in.
I also bought a 135L tub today so I'll be doubling my res capacity, I may get two and connect them, 270L.

TempImagecE2NXJ
TempImagev60bv8

Frostie069

Frostie069

still going with the maintenance everyday.
12/12 lighting now so my time daily is limited.
I made a DIY net over the weekend, yesterday it went in the tent, big last chop, got rid of anything that won't produce anything significant etc.
today is more removal of things I missed from the plants yesterday, adjusting the plants for the 2nd time through the netting, roots check and adjust, raise fans and camera and a going to flower clean up!!
New reservoir is drying, the through plastic fittings are siliconed in, this is to join the two tubs. I need this running before I go to work for a period of time next week.

roots!
TempImageTHeyTK
TempImageByRFWg

Frostie069

Frostie069

tents clean, nettings in and dehumidifier is clean, in and on. side lighting is in the tent but not operational or setup properly yet.
I've almost caught up on maintenance.
New res should be finished and drying today. Hopefully operational in 48hrs. The res would actually be finished if I wasn't so high all the time and kept coming home with the wrong size fittings. One was completely different fitting altogether. fml

Happy Gorwing
TempImageQEwbow
TempImage5EzKQb
TempImagelDEXBw

steamroller

steamroller

New res should be finished and drying today. Hopefully operational in 48hrs. The res would actually be finished if I wasn't so high all the time and kept coming home with the wrong size fittings. One was completely different fitting altogether. fml

Happy Gorwing

🤣 🤣 🤣
Sorry, but been there still do that! 🤔

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Looking awesome in there, can't wait to see you flower these!

You guys are lucky, I have no place local where I can get this kind of stuff so if I mess up it's a much longer screw up, lol. I can get basic pvc stuff but nothing beyond that. If I am lucky enough to find something I can use, they bend ya over....$6 a foot for some 3/4" tubing, I about fell over.

Frostie069

Frostie069

Looking awesome in there, can't wait to see you flower these!

You guys are lucky, I have no place local where I can get this kind of stuff so if I mess up it's a much longer screw up, lol. I can get basic pvc stuff but nothing beyond that. If I am lucky enough to find something I can use, they bend ya over....$6 a foot for some 3/4" tubing, I about fell over.
thanks, me too!!!, I'm only onto my 3rd grow with NFT. Ive ran into issues the last two grows, I'm hoping I've ironed all the wrinkles out and I make it too my first success finished grow.......

this was posted by moe elsewhere, not sure if it helps you.....

Frostie069

Frostie069

so yesterday was a big day.

reservoir is now from 65L to 250L.

after the first test fill and rinse out, sprung a leak, and not at the through plastic siliconed area where I was expecting, nope, from the thread of the valve. delayed the process by 2.5 hours while I siliconed it and let it dry a bit before firing it back up. but FIXED....phew!!!

I have a couple of things added to my list to fix before next grow. I need another lot of pipe connecting the two tubs, water transfer rate between the two is too slow, I am actually using a bypass from my main pump to transfer water from one tub to another as my chiller pump transfers water faster than my current PVC piping can keep up with.

What the upgrade means for me now is I can go to work for my periods of time and not have to worry about running out of water after a few days. Should also be more stable in all aspects.

So the reservoirs now have:
1 main pump feeding NFT
1 chiller and chiller pump
2x filter pumps
1 air pump with 30cm & 40cm air stones
filter wool to filter outlet pipe from NFT also pumps in res sitting on it to lower any vibration

I graduated from using small medicine measuring cups to add nutrients to a big boys cup yesterday. I'd usually add 60ml A or B to last res, now at 200ml for this one.

In the soup: H&G
A&B
amino treatment
multizyme
magnesium
algen extract

First test fill
TempImage5DYATu
TempImageJsmq30
TempImageSUYNxL
TempImagek3IA0e
TempImage45faBi

steamroller

steamroller

You could make a water bridge with 1 1/2 inch PVC if you wanted to drill holes in lid.
That would help the flow keep up, and you don't have to drain to do.
I run my 180g aquarium sump[ in my basment ] with a 1 1/2 inch water bridge between two sumps and have no problems.

Frostie069

Frostie069

Hi!!

yesterday was the start of week 3 FWR.

update shots after returning home from work.

H&G starts bud feeds at week 4, is this a common week to start flowering nutrients?

I received my 3X2 breeding tent this week. exciting!!

happy growing
TempImagexdzjhD

TempImageHuOYmZ
TempImageVjLAsQ

Top Bottom