Nft vertical grow looking for anyone’s thoughts and recomendations

• Thread starter Checkler92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Those pics are from last Wednesday got a trellis up and plants are larger. Don’t really know what I’m doing on the defoliating but I have taken a lot of leaves and lower little stems off this past week. I have a friend coming out tomorrow to help me get them ready to flip to flower. And the stocks seem really big to me. the majority of the plants stock is starting to push against the bore of the pool noodle but the plants aren’t but 20-30 inches. I’ve seen plants 6 foot tall with smaller stocks than these. Seems odd
I am completely dumbfounded by how anyone could take on a grow of this magnitude without even understanding even simple things like defoliating 🤔

So.... you are either the luckiest mofo in the universe or the most reckless dude I know right now. 👍🌱

Either way, I wish you nothing but succe$$!

Checkler92

Checkler92

I am completely dumbfounded by how anyone could take on a grow of this magnitude without even understanding even simple things like defoliating 🤔

So.... you are either the luckiest mofo in the universe or the most reckless dude I know right now. 👍🌱

Not being rude but I think I said earlier in post might have been somewhere else I was just supposed to be an investor the guy doing the growing thought I should just give him a 100 grand and let him do whatever he wanted. So I cut ties and already had 80% of the equipment already bought figured I could try to sell the shit or just learn on the fly. But if anyone has some pointers or advice please say so that’s why I made the post.

Checkler92

Checkler92

It’s been awhile since update so here is one. Had a little issue with algae nothing major caught it early. I did not realize I was running 4gpm threw each channel and was causing a lot of issues. I tried the timer on the pump to run for 15 off 30 and that was the start of the algae problems. I say it was algae but could have been Pythium but did not seem like it was. I went back to running water constantly but at around 300ml a min. Plants were turning around new growth looked healthy.

After about a week of that the plants seemed like they were lacking micros kind of randomly but threw out the grow. A fellow grower on here told me that he adds micro nutrients to his res on top of his normal feed schedule and it helped his so I gave it a try and it worked very well.
did some pruning due to a pm issue. Feel like I got thatunder control and manageable so I flipped them to 12/12 12/2/2020 and everything is looking good. Probably will run out of verticals space on one of the top racks but we will see. Glad I ran into the problems I have on the first grow to get the experience and to learn what I was doing wrong. Hope the flowering part of the grow goes a little smoother and and the things I’ve learned make the next one better too

012D149A A443 4C87 918A 48FE35F2954A
07B97F12 2690 4012 937C E2587E3CDCF7
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Oh this is gonna get very interesting very soon 👍

Is that as high as the lights can get above the canopy? 😮

🌱

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah, you're gonna need to do something for the stretch. Probably should've flowered a week or two ago. Great recovery though! tagging along.

Checkler92

Checkler92

Well as expected the stretch has taken a few plants past the lights had to do some super cropping... 🤔 next grow will be shorter I just wanted to make sure that they were healthy when flipped. Got some root aphids in three of the channels I have almost got them wiped out. Spraying mammoth to take care of anything that comes out and using botanaguard in the res to kill off the larvae and bugs. I hope my understanding of how that stuff works is right. Anyone with some experience of root aphids in hydroponics chime in please. I would really like to hear what you did and how it worked out for you. Here are some pictures they are from end of week two of flower. Finishing up lollipoping in the am. Takes for ever to trim up what the light isn’t really getting to in these things!!! And cut my finger a few times with the shears! I think I have gotten a 55 gallon trash bag full from each rack. Here is a pick from yesterday I believe it would be day 17 of flower. I Still have a lot of defoliating to do!
8AAD3035 D8F6 441B 80EC 442934E09462

Pisano

Pisano

Randomly caught this thread.. what a set up. How’s is going now that you probably have another run complete?

Checkler92

Checkler92

For sure, I'd love to see an update on this.
Had some root issues this go plants were pushing net cups into root mass causing some root rot right underneath the main roots coming out of net cup. Seems like an average yield on most some with more problems yielded little less than an ounce. And on those buds were airy. The room environment is spot on just have to get root zone better. Going to increase channel height for next run so the roots have a bigger air zone right underneath the net cups. Wish I had more pictures to show but was out of town for most of the grow working so my wife was taking care of them so I really only have pictures of the problems and non of the good parts of the grow. Plus needed to do more defoliation. Grew some mids lol. Hopefully it just gets better from here
FFADC086 41E2 4249 B2D0 72F846ECAE08
0294EFC7 F55F 4C1F AEA7 FB7793EF8DBB

DE98667F A79F 4744 BE81 A7B4DC983E63
1989cheeseSOG

1989cheeseSOG

i would put the light a bit farther
red stems and bleached tops.. too much light if you want my opinion

i always get this when i put my hps too close/too early
plants can absorb high amounts of light but later in bloom from my experience

Latest posts

Top Bottom