NFTG#4 vs HF

• Thread starter johnnypolari
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnypolari

johnnypolari

I plan on starting a autoflower tent grow in 5 gallon pots. Germinated seeds directly into the soil. I have a bag of Happy Frog which is the original plan. I also have a bag of NFTG #4 and was looking for a comparison (i.e. how long will either take me before adding nutes). Looks like NFTG would require plenty of perlite and may be prone to clumping but less chance of gnats. Most articles I've read were about their nute line but not so much about the soil. Any insight would be appreciated.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I plan on starting a autoflower tent grow in 5 gallon pots. Germinated seeds directly into the soil. I have a bag of Happy Frog which is the original plan. I also have a bag of NFTG #4 and was looking for a comparison (i.e. how long will either take me before adding nutes). Looks like NFTG would require plenty of perlite and may be prone to clumping but less chance of gnats. Most articles I've read were about their nute line but not so much about the soil. Any insight would be appreciated.

I'm using happy frog mixed with course perlite and promix and pH adjusted with dolomite lime to 6.5. It was slightly on the hot side, giving a slight burn on the tip of the leafs of the plants when they were very small. My plants are in early flower and still only require very light feeding every now and then. I've fertilized twice now at about 800ppm, once with a veg formula and once with a flower formula. Both times slight tip burn came back. It's pretty well fortifide and probably going to be ok to finish with only small feedings here and there. As for gnats and flys? Not a one yet. I've not used the other product but I've over-all been pleased with happy frog.

Top Bottom