Nftg - Deficiency Issues

• Thread starter notmyname
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

notmyname

Hey ya'll,

I'm running NFTG in FFOF. I'm about 5 weeks into flowering, and I've only used NFTG on this grow. I've did two flushes early on in the grow for what I thought was hot soil. For awhile, I was only feeding every other watering - the same schedule I used for salt-based nutrients. I switched to feeding every time once I started to experience deficiencies, and things still aren't coming back. I'm dropping a couple leaves every day, and the overall pigment is going further towards yellow than green. The last photos I have are from a week ago - http://invalid.com/a/yVnZr. No real improvement since then.

I PH every feed/watering to 6.25, and I recently did a slurry test of all four plants. They range from 6.5-6.7. I'm trying to figure out if I should flush yet again or if I should introduce blood meal into the mix to address the N def. Thoughts?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi, you need to upload your pix here to the farm, we don't allow hotlinking. Once we can see those pix we can get a much better idea of what may be going on. Only other things we need to know are temps and RH (relative humidity) levels because vapor pressure deficit (aka VPD) plays a huge role in nutrient and water movement within plant tissues.

N

notmyname

Thanks for letting me know! I uploaded the pics on this reply. As for the other stats, temps vary between 82-68, and the RH is usually in the 30's.

IMG 0079
IMG 0080
IMG 0083
IMG 0084
IMG 0085
IMG 0086
N

notmyname

Latest pictures from this morning - You can see the progression is getting worse. The one of the far left can't hold itself up anymore. The stems aren't strong enough.

IMG 0186
IMG 0185
IMG 0184
IMG 0183
IMG 0182
IMG 0181
IMG 0180
IMG 0179
Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hooo boy... Ok. That is not an N- you have going on there. You seem to have a few issues going on, but since you're in soil your pH ranges appear to be good. I am not at all familiar with NFTG fertilizers, so I can't really speak to them. It appears that the plant is unable to use whatever P is present, and K appears to also be an issue. Right now I'm hesitant to suggest feeding, but these appear to be deficiencies.

Ya got me kinda stumped! Temps and humidity? How often are you having to feed/water? I may start tagging some folks to see if they'll give this one a gander.

Natural

Natural

just a educated guess but..root damage from over drying. Smarties will catch ya by surprise and dry out quick. Then they'll have uptake issues. You're on the warm side with low RH..need to water more frequently..dry cycle is important but don't over do it..pots should never dry to the point of corking up

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Please give us a details on EXACTLY what you are feeding and how much. The Nectar line can leave some holes if your soil doesn't cover the gaps. Never personally had good luck with FF soil and Nectar.

Have you been using Bloom Kaos?

Pauly Cicero

Pauly Cicero

That looks like you dried them out a bit too much and they ate themselves. The way to check issues with nectar is to take a slurry test. Take equal parts of soil from one of your pots and neutral ph water and mix together. let it stand for five minutes. Take a ph and ppm meter and read your numbers. This looks like it may have been underfeeding. If you used Bloom Khaos, it stripped the plant of all calcium. That is a major Mag issue, coupled with what could be a low ph. Calcium is the driver in NFTG, which means if your soil ph drops below 6.0, Cal becomes unavailable and the plants starve. Get back to me. I am sorry it took me so long to respond.

Top Bottom