Nice bud from LEDs

• Thread starter Warrioreuel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

Here is a pic of my nice bud from SuperGrow LEDs. I have a 4x8 space with 16 of their lights. Strain is Barneys Vanilla Kush. I have nothing to compare too since this is my first grow but I am happy with it. I went with LED for low power and low heat. Seems to me from the reading I have done on these forums, people that try LED try and skimp since they are expensive and don't get enough of them. I have no complaints at all. It just takes a lot of LED lights to get the job done. You can see in the back ground I have some pointed straight down and some coming in from the sides. During early bloom I was rearranging the lights almost daily getting the best angle for best coverage as the plant changed.
Nice bud from leds

tags420

tags420

Seems to me from the reading I have done on these forums, people that try LED try and skimp since they are expensive and don't get enough of them. I have no complaints at all. It just takes a lot of LED lights to get the job done.

You got it. Spend upfront and you'll be rewarded.

You have them working great... big hairy nuggs!

Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

They are exactly at 56 days bloom. Another 10 days or so and they will be ready. Close up pic of Kush showing the resin. Pic below that is of a White Widow 4 weeks into bloom phase. All LED lighting.
DSC05784
Young White Widow

P

paulycali

Hopefully they finish in 10 days for ya. Looks like it may be longer. I wonder if the flowering times are the different when growing under led's instead of hid's. From the pics i see it still looks like hid's blow led's right out of the water but since this is your first grow i guess it's kinda hard to really say. You def did a great first run. Keep up the good work

What are you current temps with the led's? Any ac's or big exhaust fans. Any heat issues?

Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

The LEDs run cool. You can put your hand on the glass and leave it there. Its not summer yet so I have not needed an AC. I am standing by with a window unit as the room is upstairs and easily hits 90 degrees on a summer day. I have a single 600w HPS coming in a few days. The white widow still has at least 4-5 weeks. I will have 4 of the under the HPS and 4 will remain under LED for a comparison. The white widow with the black back ground you see above only has just under 4 weeks of bloom time. No exhaust fan. I inject CO2 about once an hour and keep it at 1000 ppm or so. I am not sure how you conclude HID blows away LED. Unless you are growing the exact strain in the same dirt and surroundings I have then that conclusion is merely speculation. Let me get the single 600w HPS (quantum 600, Digilux, with vertical umbrella type reflector) running and I will be able to compare the last 4-5 weeks of the white widow and maybe then we can conclude one way or the other.

tags420

tags420

Those LED are really good as supplemental but as the primary light source lack power and the spectrum is a little off too. I've seen them for a while and no one has gone this scale with them. I never thought that the could do what your doing with them. Great work.

Once you put your 600w in I would center it and surround it with the LED's till you maximize coverage. Should be an awesome hybrid lighting system. Unless your totally set on doing the sidebyside thing, this would make sure that all your crop gets enough light to yield and finish properly.

Kebz

Kebz

Nice work. Its so true that LEDs work best as a multi light system, for anymore than one small plant, (which makes them even more expensive to get the best from).

You can't just by a 90w ufo and replace your 600watt (or 400watt) HPS, as is at times claimed.

Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

My final tally on dried bud was right at 0.9 grams/watt. I have nothing else to compare too since it was my first grow. The quality from those who have tried it assured me it was some of the finest they ever experienced. So all in all I am happy.

Top Bottom