Nice trichomes but no orange hairs?

• Thread starter Cartoon Head
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cartoon Head

Hello folks,my white widows have about 2-3 week to go,the trichomes are about 80-90% cloudy,10-20%clear and I usually by this time have a lot of orange hairs but this time there`s hardly any.Is this a sign of something wrong?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When they turn color it means that they've either been pollinated or have simply lived out their lives. If it were my grow I'd be letting them go until they're damn near 100% cloudy, I don't really care about amber because they turn after harvest, too, and I am not a big fan of couchlock.

Bigger, more important question for me is this--are they popping NEW pistils? If they're popping new pistils and those buds seem to be growing, don't short-change yourself, let them go as long as they need to if at all possible.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

How long do you typically let your widow go? I too have some widow growing and I was told it is a nine week strain by the guy who gifted it to me. I have noticed that it really takes about 10 weeks plus a flush week to really finish. The same happened to me at 8 weeks when I was preparing to flush there were no orange hairs. My experience is the hairs stay pure white longer but once they begin to turn they turn fast.

deacon1503

deacon1503

How long do you typically let your widow go? I too have some widow growing and I was told it is a nine week strain by the guy who gifted it to me. I have noticed that it really takes about 10 weeks plus a flush week to really finish. The same happened to me at 8 weeks when I was preparing to flush there were no orange hairs. My experience is the hairs stay pure white longer but once they begin to turn they turn fast.

I early chopped my widow at 53 days. I don't even pay attention to pistols really, all about trich color.

S

smokestack23

That's why a lot of people only go by trich color. They even mention WW...They say stuff like...you can only "trust" trich color because strains like White Widow and other "White" strains still have white pistils at harvest time.

C

Cartoon Head

@Seamaiden-I like a bit of couch lock,got 90%cloudy now,gonna wait till all cloudy and amber starts to develope
@iscrog4food-from seed 4-5weeks veg and 12-13weeks flower though I`m still a novice and this time scale can be less I`m sure.
@deacon1503 +smokestack23--I agree and duly noted,thanks guys.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

the blackberry and green crack ive worked with throw on new hairs til chop day
freaked me out the first couple times
i usually go by the colors of the hairs, but with these two strains i have to bust out the scope

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
them hairs will turn a bit after you harvest - I wouldnt worry about that

go by the calyxes plumping and the trichs clouding - sounds like your close

S

SkymasterSmoke

I'm about to start growing three White Widow.. Any advice Cartoon Head?

D

Damdvs

I early chopped my widow at 53 days. I don't even pay attention to pistols really, all about trich color.
Do trichomes tend to curl over when there cloudy or remain standing vertically through the colour change

BioStimz

BioStimz

Do trichomes tend to curl over when there cloudy or remain standing vertically through the colour change
The tendency for trichome stalks to bend is natural, but yes - they will lose more structure as THC-degradation intensifies.

Trichomes 420magazine

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

It's always funny to see my posts for 6 years ago. But I still agree with what I said lol. Strain specific

D

Damdvs

I realized how old the posts are after I asked a question .. thanks for the help guys

King Julien

King Julien

In my experience it's always been strain specific. You can't always even go by the trichs sometimes. Had a plant years ago that had the trichs turn purple long before they even turned cloudy. It was virtually impossible to tell if they had gone amber and very difficult to tell if they had gone cloudy.

In the end I just chopped it when it swelled up all fat and glistened and the hairs had started to recede a bit into the calyxes. Was really good smoke that didn't stray too far either way so I was happy.

With my current grow though I've got 3 plants that are almost done but are absolutely covered in white hairs. Calyxes are swollen up and they're 95%+ cloudy with ambers starting to form but one is only now getting a few orange hairs and one of them doesn't have one on it yet at day 73.

Cannabis is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna grow...until you have.

Top Bottom