Nicotine Pesticide Q&a

• Thread starter Deplorable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Deplorable

First time cannabis grower here. Gardener of everything else - veggies, flowers, succulents, orchids, landscaping plants, lawn Nazi - but nowhere near an expert. I just know a lot of random information.

I've used a variety of natural homebrews to fungicides to pesticides and herbicides. I've found that the nicotine spray, especially when made right is a very powerful pesticide and repellent. Think Red Man chaw (plus it's yummy once a year when the wife ain't lookin')

Who has used it? If so, what method, concentration, etc? Or...can it not be used? Or used only in vegetative state? Or vice versa? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm asking as I have no current issue with pests, though I have sprayed Defens-SC around my fence perimeter (5' away, no overspray) which does a good non-organic job of keeping a lot of stuff away. But I've learned with a lot of exotic plants, not cannabis, that an infestation can hit fast and you need to get it then. If nicotine works well with no effect, I'd like to employ that method if needed.

FWIW, I searched the forums prior to posting and came up with negligible information.

Here is my first grow, ever. I'm in the Mid-Atlantic. I understand sex traits appear first week or two of August 'round these parts. I think I am starting to see female traits develop in #2 and #3. Seeds are of unknown high grade origin (scavenger). The two little guys I'm planning to pull inside no later than early September as we drop to 12 hours of daylight on Sep 25. By then I should have a 2'X4' HPS setup and will cultivate over the winter. And then I get to learn the art of curing. I'm in information overload, but managing it pretty well thus far. I even have 5 clones which have survived the day in my greenhouse based on a red solo cup and crystal cup mini terrarium idea I picked up elsewhere here. I'll post something about this cloning idea if they survive the next week.

Hey, does anyone know if the upload strips EXIF off the image file?

Nicotine pesticide qa
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Ib strong concentration it can be deadly. So read the label twice and follow all safety guidelines.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Mid Atlantic...that would be Bermuda? or are you referring to mid Atlantic coast? Sept 22 is the Autumnal Equinox were both night and day are the same in hours. so you can leave them out past that. (Weather permitting).

Top Bottom