Night Temps high, causing late bloom?

• Thread starter straincreation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

(This was posted to another thread with no response, hoping this will catch some in unread)....Ok so in the case of this thread here is my input. I Grow OGs exclusive. (Then again in cali the genes are so tanted who isnt) but anyways ive always runned my girls 65f at night(lowest)my days max 75f. Since ive downsized my room (unfortunately) the last three runs my temps are 75f and 85f sometimes even 90f at times I run my ac via passive intake. The only difference I'd say see is my ladies take an extra week , give or take a few days, to actually finish stretching and to transistion into flower . They are healthy as can be. last harvest I did had a thrip issue so I cant really use that as a comparison, figured they had something to do with it.
So I waited till I took care of the problem (thrips), and then decided to flower my moms, about 10 months old at this point , still they took an extra week. Now the flowers look nice but again, they are late, by about a week like I said. Plants are happy as can be look great. So I dont see what other difference would cause this. Which theres prctically none but the temps. And hummidity, which I kniw is a big deal I get it but how big. Ive griwn 100°+ outside.
Rh is a bit lower then it used to be about 30/40% lights on and about 50 max lights off.
So basically I understand I have to wait for these bbs to finish to see the result, I was just wondering if anybody has any input about the lag, moms, or age of the plants. ive flowered moms before that were older than this and they did fine. Same strain and all. The reason I ask is I have room in my room, plants ready to fill it up but dont want waste nutrients and soil for a shity harvest you know.

Also I for got to add that my moms are from 5th gen clones, could this have anything to do withit. My genes are strong and have went threw moves, dormant periods during that and a thrip infestation, and have still lived and thived, I see no differnce in veg cycle, only what I stated above. But like is said any bidy gone threw this. I mean me and this strain have been threw years and years and it will be sad to see I go:(.
ONE LOVE

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I am only making this statement based on reading from other threads here. I believe you can find some of your answers in maximum number of clones to mother ratio, only problem I have read so many threads I am not sure where it is., IMO a clone is going to be same genetics as the mother and only as good as her 1st clone and you are better off taking cuttings from a sable well grounded Mother than a clone of a clone as clone clones can carry mistakes made to the last clone grown. Same DNA just that maybe the last clone was K or iron deficient caring over to the next clone. I am no expert but I do know the answers are on the farm if you search you will find.
Much respect

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I'd imagine different genetics will get different results, but I've never had problems growing from cut to cut. Due to the med. law limiting my numbers I never keep mother plants and always take cuts straight off other cuts. Haven't seen any problems with the genetics being "weakened" by going this route and have run the same clones this way for years and years with no problems or changes in the plant itself.

I'd imagine those higher temps prob. will have some effect on not only what youre used to seeing with your harvest times, but your resin production and density as well. Good luck. MGG

straincreation

straincreation

Thanks guys, ive searched on the forums for the temp issue. Like mgg said ive not had had a problem with this strain and taking clone to clone for years now, shes been good on staying strong threw thick and thin and putting out quality everytime. Not until now. Looking threw the forums ive seen alot of discussions on the heat subject and nothing really in my exact circumstances., but since posting this ive got my temps down a bit and bud production does seem to be speeding up nicely we are in week 6 now on a ten week strain. But I have cuts ready to go to flower, that I took frim this mom ,they are doing swell I think Im just gonna make the decision to just flower and see what happens. I need to use the rest of my AN any ways looking into some heavy 16 after all these years. So after this run we will know uf the genes are bad, or my mom is just old and a little tired of living.. I wnna say shes 10 14 months old now , but threw my moves I lost mu calender and cant remember when I took her. But its been a while. But thanks guys. Always appreciated.

Top Bottom