night time temps same as lights on

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Is there any negitive side effects to this. My lights off are during the day time so without my AC running at night the temps are currently about thesame (75 lights on) as lights on.

Confu...

What if the get slightly higher in lights off than lights on.

D

dnutz

I am in the same boat, personally I think the plants LOVE it! Logically they don't have to go through the stress of temperature changes which makes for stronger, healthier, more POTENT plants! As far as the temps getting higher in lights off, are you turning your exhaust fan off at night too? That would explain stagnant air build up creating a hot zone if you will. Air flow is crucial to growing so if you can help it, keep those fan(s) on.

Best of luck,
Dnutz

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I am in the same boat, personally I think the plants LOVE it! Logically they don't have to go through the stress of temperature changes which makes for stronger, healthier, more POTENT plants! As far as the temps getting higher in lights off, are you turning your exhaust fan off at night too? That would explain stagnant air build up creating a hot zone if you will. Air flow is crucial to growing so if you can help it, keep those fan(s) on.

Best of luck,
Dnutz

Dnutz, yeah man exhaust fans off, I thought they dont use co2 at night thus no need fir no new fresh air. also im in socal and its been hot lately so bringin in air would probbily be hotter than what the room is now.Plus In in week3 and about to start running co2 so no intake/exhaust at all starting tomorrow.

Thnx man
Confu...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
plants actually use oxygen and expire co2 during lights out

turning your fans off at night though is less then ideal - you should run exhaust 24/7

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
plants actually use oxygen and expire co2 during lights out

turning your fans off at night though is less then ideal - you should run exhaust 24/7

You learn something new every day, thnx motherload. Oma go turn them on now and c where the temps go. other than the use of oxygen any issues with the temps being same as lights on?

Confu

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah no prob man

the day/night temp being close wont hurt your plants - but if your expecting a big stretch when you go 12/12 you might not get the results your looking for

day/night temps being close inhibits the stretch - day night temps should always be within 10 degrees

the main issue I see with the fans off is stagnant air is ideal breeding ground for powdery mildew

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
yeah no prob man

the day/night temp being close wont hurt your plants - but if your expecting a big stretch when you go 12/12 you might not get the results your looking for

day/night temps being close inhibits the stretch - day night temps should always be within 10 degrees

the main issue I see with the fans off is stagnant air is ideal breeding ground for powdery mildew

All solid info man, Im in day 25 of flower and my trees are almost to ceiling height so yay, i guess that will help them not overgrow the space+ i think their strech is almost all done.
As far as PM goes, had a problem last round so I Eagle20-ed it up. hopefully in good there.

Thnx
Confu...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if you have problems with PM then I would for sure run that fan 24/7

Latest posts

Top Bottom